1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Where is Frontpage in Office 2007?

Discussion in 'Software' started by shaile, 3 Jan 2009.

1. shaile

shaile Go BIG or GO HOME

I'm getting ready to build my mom a new computer and she is insesint on having Frontpage because she uses it for her classroom website. I am pretty sure I have her convinced on running Vista, but I am unable to find Frontpage in any Office 2007 setup, only Office 2003. Is Frontpage being called something else these days or has Microsoft completely done away with it?

2. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

it's now called sharepoint web designer, and is not bundled with any office suite.

3. Glider

Glider /dev/null

MS should have done away with it...

But AFAIK it's called sharepoint, as supertoad pointed out.

4. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

Tell her to have a look at the W3c's Amaya as its W3C complient and more inportantly free.

5. quack

quack Minimodder

It was replaced by SharePoint Designer (as previously mentioned) and Expression Web. Both separate products.

6. scimmy

scimmy Minimodder

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

^^^ Seconded. Frontpage has a very Microsoft-centered way of writing HTML. This means that the webpage often appears correct only on IE while in other browsers it may be FUBARed. Best stick with something like Kompozer.

8. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Do an advance install of Office 2003 and install Frontpage only.

Otherwise you'll have to buy new software and she will need to adjust using that software.

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Besides what i think of frontpage personally, it IS called Sharepoint designer now. unfortunately, it's sold separately, and doesn't come as "complete" as some other editors out there.

10. Stig

Stig What's a Dremel?

Do not confuse Sharepoint with Sharepoint designer. Sharepoint is the DEVIL (I had to work with it at a previous job and it was nothing but a nightmare). If you want some webdesign software I'd recommend notepad, or if you're not quite hardcore enough for that, then Dreamweaver. Expression web I have no experience with but I think its more design oriented than Sharepoint Designer.