1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WhiteIce | BIG PICTURE UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by illvit, 14 Dec 2004.

?

How should the finnish on the plexi be?

Poll closed 9 Jan 2005.
  1. Clear blank

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Matt(icy)

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. White under the plexi(mirror)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

Thanks dude. Comments like this warm my heart

2. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

I got one more sponsor!
    hammar.no

Now will it be to lcd screen on this case. One that shows temp. and the other shows all the other stuff :D

Consider to set blue leds around the green lcdscreen they sponced me.Somebody knows how it will be. Will it be like this? (Taken from Pinky2. Sorry) http://homepage.mac.com/mark_riley/.Pictur.../19_Buttons.JPG

Ps. It's this display. http://hammar.no/handlesystem/visva...4grkit&mid=3&undermenyid=LCD Pakke&vis=gruppe (It's a norwegian site, but the thinga name is in english, and you can see what it is on the picture) Thanks for the help.

Last edited: 15 Dec 2004
  3. greywolf

greywolf What's a Dremel?

That link won't work.
    Here's the pic.

[​IMG]

I believe it's consider "bad" to link to other peoples images, most people have bandwith restrictions. I personally don't care and you have my permission...but, just so you know for future.

Oh, yea the blooo, I changed these to red...eventually. Not with complete success. So to answer your question, you can get close.

4. dream caster

dream caster just lurking from out there

[​IMG]

You MUST use some stronger way of uniting the structure of your case. I think it would be better to use something involving screws; you risk it falling apart in any movement; you may screw side panels and use them as means of uniting your case,but that does not look very practical.
    You could use solid wood (not plywood) pieces of the same size than those you have now and put them together using aluminum angles screwed between each two of them(i.e. using three aluminum angle pieces in each corner). In this case solid wood frame will be much stronger than plywood frame.

Last edited: 16 Dec 2004
  5. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

Sorry! Thanks for the answer.

6. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

But I will use screws to screw the plates to the chase. It will in a way be the plates that held everything together if you know what I mean.

(I got one more sponsor. mpx.no. I gonna get a mouse from them)

7. Morphious

Morphious What's a Dremel?

Burning down the house with a hacksaw and handsaw, interesting. ;)

Nice project so far, awaiting the next update. :)

8. taliban_raider

taliban_raider Just some guy; you know

Well it looks interesting; I hope it turns out excellent though.

What continually amazes me though is people from all over the world post on bit-tech in English, not there native language and still manage to do it better than people who have spoken English all their life.... /OT

9. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

thanks for that you're interinsting this project. I'm gluing the plexi tho the plates now. Maybe it will be a update this weekend. Does anybody know if it is possible to enlarge the sleeving?And I have problem to get the atx and molex contact loose from the wire. Can anybody help me. I don't have any pin-remover, and can't get it either. So something alternativ had been great

10. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

It would light up like this when the power is on. Soo what du you think, will it work or not?[​IMG]

11. dannyqball

dannyqball What's a Dremel?

As for the molex, you should be able to get the pins out with a small screwdriver without destroying them, on each side of the pins are a small metal shard sticking out to stop them from sliding out. If you push them down they should pop right out and when your done sleeving you can pull them out and pop them back into the molex.
    As for the sleeving, you just constrict it and it will open up larger.

12. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

thank you

13. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

Here comes a update!

Here is what I got from my sponsor hammar:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I found out that I had to solder everything fast. This is the first time I have solder something.
    [​IMG]

Backside of the controller-card:
    [​IMG]

And the I found out that the black thing in the right upper corner should have been solder in the frontside :wallbash: So what did I do? I had no tools to get the tinn off.

So first I screwed everything together. I foud out that I had lost a mutter :wallbash: So I took some tinn a solder it to the screw.
    [​IMG]

And then I solder the metalpin-connection. Thaat was hard. With once I took in the metalthing that I wanted to solder, it bended.
    [​IMG]
    I think this is one of the best picture I have taken. The other pictures that I have taken is just crap.

And did it work?
    [​IMG]
    YES :D

So what do you think? COme with comments!!
    This lcd-display could had taken place in the the catogory Modding-diasters, men it didn't :D

Last edited: 18 Dec 2004
  14. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

Had forgot to tell that the case is going to be sprayed white. Blue leds.

15. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

hahaha that's norwegian ;) the english word is "but".. :thumb: goodlooking lcd. waht are you going to make it show?

16. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

ahh. I knew that. Maybe I wrote a little bit too fast. I think I would make it to show Winamp songs and movie. How long it has came and stuff like that. I'm gluing the tree-plates to the plexi now. Does anyone want pictures, or should I wait to the glue is dried.

The araldite made me sick.

Last edited: 18 Dec 2004
  17. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

ops. double- post. sorry. a moderat, can you delete this?

18. exavier412

exavier412 What's a Dremel?

haha.. i totally agree with this guy.. i never did understand that... and all i can speak is english, yet my spelling/grammer is much worse than all these other people...

19. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Altough this has nothing to do with the actual topic, I have to ask if you got good sponsor deals form the three companies. You said that you got the lcd from Hammar, but what else are you going to get? And in the end I'll explain my question a bit. I'm asking this cause I'm also 15 and I haven't got enough money to buy all the stuff I would neded to start my project. :waah:

BUT: The mod has a niiice start. Keep it up! :dremel:

20. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

isou. what you need to do is convince the shops that they will get enough advertizing to make it worth the cost of f.eks a lcd display. Telling them that your project log will be posted at the worlds largest modding forum, and that they can follow the project as it develops will probably help. :thumb: