1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows 7 for £49.99 - Pre-order

Discussion in 'Software' started by cosmic, 25 Jun 2009.

1. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Like bagpuss says it cant be ordered yet, but the prices are shown HERE on the left side under the 'Heres the deal' heading

2. cosmic

cosmic What's a Dremel?

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

That's £30 more expensive than a normal OEM Vista.

4. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Been wondering if you could use an E version key with a normal US version. Sucks not being able to upgrade from a previous version.

5. cosmic

cosmic What's a Dremel?

- but MS is claiming that the UK versions will be priced the same as for an upgrade at launch, so your not loosing out. Upgrade versions will be available next year at the same price BUT the price of the standard versions will increase.

Its all rip off pricing from MS anyway in my view when you look at what they pay in the US for the same product.

6. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

£50 for retail windows 7 is really good i think. granted you gotta pre-order but im gunna cause i know when it hits the shelves the OEM copies are gunna be at least £80-90 and add double it nearly for retail

7. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

The E versions cannot be used for upgrading an existing version of Windows. You can only install from scratch. Granted, that's what you often do, but I'd like the choice. Which I'd have if it weren't for those bloody Opera people. That alone will be enough reason for me never again to try a browser from Opera.

By the way, the US preorder versions are only upgrade versions. Granted, they are a bit cheaper than the UK prices, but you MUST have an existing version of Windows to install.

Now, if the key from an E version would work I'd download a copy of the "full" version from MSDN in a heart beat (once available for download :)).

Tags: