1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Wired Network Installation Tools

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Promethus, 22 Dec 2011.

1. Promethus

Promethus What's a Dremel?

I have been asked by work if I can re-connect all of the network cables for the offices, as they have all been cut (with a pair of scissors). It is only a small office, and I know the theory, but I have never done it in practice. We have all of the components from the original installation; i.e. patch panel, cable, keystone jacks, and RJ45 Connectors. What I don’t have is any of the correct tools. I don’t have a problem with buying them as I know I will need them when I install network cable around my house hopefully in the near future.

What I think that I will need is:

Crimping tool
    Punch Down tool
    Cable cutters
    Cable strippers
    Cable tester

Can you guys think of any other tools that I may need, and can you recommend any tools. I don’t mind paying a little extra for quality tools, so long as they don’t cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks in advance.

2. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I have this punch down tool. Easy to use, feels solid but looks like it wants to burrow under your skin. It even trims the ends of the cables for you!