1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox One to be sold in China from September

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 28 Jul 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Is that with or without the Kinect? :worried:

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Last paragraph says how they've overall dropped the Kinect, reasonable to assume this goes for China too

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Question is how many titles will be available, China has some very strict rules on what is acceptable.

5. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

What?!

They want games as well?

6. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Is there any chance Bit-Tech can/will do a follow-on article regarding both consoles 12 months on from release? It would be great to get a round up of the best games released for each console and other best bits but also a round up of all the changes that have happened such as cancelled or yet to be released services. Also regarding performance, do they still perform roughly the same or has the PS4 pulled out a significant performance margin?

Not sure if it will happen but I think quite a few would appreciate the efforts. I certainly would. :)

7. rollo

rollo Modder

Both consoles lack a game worth buying it for at the minute. Once the next Uncharted gets released things might change in that regard. Infamous second son might be your thing it actually looks next gen. ( its easily the best title launched so far).

Titanfall ( which is not exclusive its on pc) would be a xbox one game but lets face it if your reading this site you likely own a pc that can play it far better than the xbox one can.

Most of the launch line ups and recent releases have just been hd versions of ps3 and xbox 360 games.

Watchdogs has done both consoles no favours.

Still waiting from my point of view for a must buy title that blows away gamers. Halo 3 did it for xbox 360 people wanted to complete the story. Uncharted did it for ps3.

8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Just out of curiosity, but did China just simply ban video games, ban foreign video games, or were they altogether illegal? If it were just a ban, I feel like the price point and lack of Chinese games would be enough of a deterrent for the majority of their population.

On a side note, kind of funny to think about how China may be manufacturing these systems and yet they're not allowed to play them. That's like making cocaine in a country like the US but distributing it in Peru.

Anyway, this is good news for MS, Sony, and AMD (particularly AMD, who needs the sales).