1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress компьютер -- 2009.12.8 - structural assembly finished!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by IvanIvanovich, 1 Sep 2008.

1. RuSGaMeR

RuSGaMeR No Pain No Gain...

Based on the name (компьютер -- new hardware & watercooling - 2009.10.24) I assume that you're russian...
    Классно получается))) Хочу посмотреть как он будет выглядеть когда ты закончиш )))

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Нет, я не русский, это только часть тем, хотя я и учусь языку.
    Thanks for the comments all.

3. IvanIvanovich

so... i'm not really happy with the way a lot of this has turned out. i have some idea about trying to make the whole case fatter and flipping the psu around the side against the motherboard tray, mounted tall side up with the fan pointed to the outside panel. also it would allow me to mount some drive bays in this space for both hard drives and possibly a blu-ray.
    on the other hand it would be almost akin to starting the whole thing over again. in some ways i think i would be better off just making a new case altogether with proper planing.
    if i don't do that i am thinking the front needs some work as it should be busier in my view. needs some more gauges and do dads on there. i've been looking for a analogue pressure meter like you would see on a boiler or something for the water loop. also thinking about remounting the pump differently so the out line wraps around the corner of the case and into the side again.
    i will be doing a tear down in the next few days regardless becasue i finally got my cpu block.
    for the side panel i am planning on making a 2 level panel in 2 parts part one will be aproximately 3cm away from the frame in order for the radiator to be mounted. will probably mount it via some sort of standoff type solution. for the upper half i am still pondering over using a plexi window, or going mesh. it will attach flat directly to the frame.
    i would love to hear from the community as i am kind of stuck on what i should do with it.

4. IvanIvanovich

i have been quite busy working on my project, and have sorted out some issues after some careful planning. i'm getting much closer to completion and most of the major structural stuff is finished. i am pretty happy with the way things have turned out, and shouldn't have to do any more tear downs to work on the rest.
    [​IMG]
    got my new waterblock for the cpu fitted.

[​IMG]
    made a piece for the top edge to hide up a gap between the top and front, using what was left of the old front facia.
    [​IMG]
    a closer picture
    [​IMG]
    a new meter for the hard drive activity, the switch at the bottom will be for a ccfl to be added later.
    [​IMG]
    all 3 meters fitted and added some rubber grommets for the pass through holes from the water cooling.
    [​IMG]
    side panel part 1, hold the radiator and mechanical drive in place.
    [​IMG]
    another view, with hard drive attached.
    [​IMG]
    a view from the inside with radiator.
    [​IMG]
    with both hard disk and radiator attached.
    [​IMG]
    everything back in the case, neater wire management than before.
    [​IMG]
    adding some detail, affixed hammer and sickle and intel sticker.
    [​IMG]
    added high voltage sticker to power supply.
    [​IMG]
    added leninsk sticker on water pump, site of baikonur cosmodrome where the ussr, and now russia does all of thier missle testing and space launches.
    [​IMG]
    pump and reservoir assembly reattached, with new fixture, with a place holder for another meter to tell the water pressure, note that i have turned the pump to 90 degrees and the tubing no longer passes through the front panel.
    [​IMG]
    all reassembled.
    [​IMG]

i may need to adjust on the side panel and make the hard disk a little lower as it interferes slightly with the water hose. its not too bad, but still i don't like the sata cables pressing against the tubing. still need to find a home for my ssd, its just floating around in the inside of the case for now, which is sloppy. it shouldn't be hard to fit for a 1.8 in drive, just need to find a good spot. still need to make the pieces for the side panel top half, and a shroud of sorts to place over top of the hard disk and radiator. i am wanting to make a something for the front around the power supply. it dosen't look right to me. i think the where the power supply bracket attaches needs to be hidden or obscured somehow. all of the front access ports (usb, esata, audio, firewire, etc.) will get a new home on the side panel. also much more detail work to be done. well until next time...

Last edited: 8 Dec 2009
  5. BlackWhizz

BlackWhizz What's a Dremel?

Where's that IBM sticker :p You're really doing a great job! I really like it.

6. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

In Soviet Union, PC'S kill You.

+1 I like the way you are Comrad

7. IvanIvanovich

thanks for the support. the ibm is the crt monitor that i modded on earlier. its not a monitor i use anymore, i have the 22" samsung. maybe i will mod that one too? now my hard drive meter is not working. the glass part fell in. i took it apart and reseated it, but something else must be wrong... its not good. it took me a long time to find a meter that worked good for disk activity. does someone know if the meter loses the vacum inside its dead?

8. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

This has come a long way, keep it up mate.

Tags: