1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling 12volt Dc pumps and interference?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rekarp, 14 Jan 2005.

1. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

Im thinkin of buying the danger den d4 pump but would i need to shield it? Im using a aquavia right now but i need something smaller. I shielded my aquavia but without it my monitor goes crazy so im wondering would i need to sheild the D4? I have used google but couldnt come up with anything

2. pre

pre Minimodder

I've heard of people having to shield a D4 from a review so if you need to shield a weaker pump (dont know the specs of your current) then you might have to shield it. You may not- dependent on your case's promixity to your monitor.

3. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

well if anyone has the D4 pump ca you test it near a monitor. I would like to know cause with the new setup i dont have room for shielding.

4. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

so no one knows? :sigh:

5. Hobnob

Hobnob What's a Dremel?

No, just plug and pump away :)

6. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

I've tried a D4 about 6inches away from a monitor and there isn't anything happening.

I know the Eheim 1048 is prone to this but not usualy the 1250

7. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

thx. I have an aquavia about a foot from my monitor and even with steel shileding it jitters my monitor sometimes. Thx for the info :thumb:

8. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Have you tried maxing out your monitor refresh rate as that can sometimes sort it out

9. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

yah i used to run them at 75 but when i moved the case were i wanted it i hed to back it down to 60 the highier it is the worse it is.

10. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I've got mine mounted about a 1/2" from my hard drives and no issues, except for the noise that bugs me that I can't control.

11. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

It very much depends on the quality and type of monitor you have, so although others may not have problems, you'll not know until you try one of the pumps near your monitor.

12. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

that makes since. well is there anyway i could buy a shield for the D4 pump. I have searched for it but i couldnt find anything. Are D4 pumps surrounded in metalof is it plastic? I could make one but i need it to be very small.

13. XUntitled

XUntitled What's a Dremel?

I normaly run my computer with my tower right under my desk.. monitor directly above it. So its a good 4 feet, never had any problems.

I've put it up on my desk tonight so that the case was touching my monitor.. the pump was 3 inchs from the monitor, no problems. After two hours so far. Refresh rate is set at 72 Hertz and its an old 17" IBM monitor from 1998, model number 7097 from what the nv display properties list.

The pump outside is plastic.

Also, the pump is 4 inchs under my harddrives in the case. A 37 gig raptor and a regular 200 gig WD drive. I've never had 1 corrupt file on my system, or a even a lock up caused by the hard drives.

14. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

thx for the info untitled looks like its good to go then.

Tags: