1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTM 18/8 One entry for each topic

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by GregTheRotter, 18 Aug 2008.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Waiting for the Sun
    [​IMG]

Comment; Taken from the water's edge

^ Entry for topic 'Point of View'

Waiting for the Bus
    [​IMG]

Comment: She'd gone for a spot of shopping at the market

^Entry for topic; Culture

2. OleJ

OleJ Me!

That 1st one is an ace shot! Nicely done :thumb:

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Love the first one, and the second one ill save for later :naughty:

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Septuple dating with Madam Palm and her five lovely daughters. Awesome. :naughty:

5. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Dude! That girl is like 12 years old. So unless you're talking about saving her for later like a bottle of wine then that's pretty gross :D

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

She's at least 18! look at the slight love handles, the hair and slight chunkiness in the thighs only older women have.

7. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

BACK ON TOPIC:

The first one would be better if you didn't see that there are whiteish shorts. Either show the detail or don't. But the in between just doesn't work here. Instead of letting my eyes absorb the colors and contrast, I am squinting at his (your?) waistline.

And there is a dust spot on the lower left. 2 if I see that correctly, it's difficult at this size.

Try messing around with the contrast a bit, and just spot heal/clone those bunnies out.

8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I could've edited the contrast levels photoshop but had/have a migraine at the minute. Don't suppose I'm allowed to fix the contrast levels now that I've submitted it eh..

Thanks for the tips and comments.

And OleJ, how many 12 year olds do you know who go shopping at a vegie market in THOSE pants.. :/

9. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Thankfully none. But I see a whole lot of 12-14 year old girls running around dressed like that. Of course I don't know the UK well enough to say how t is there, but I believe it would be a hard job finding anyone above the age of 15 dressed like that here in DK. And no I'm not talking of the short skirt but of the lack of style and childish combination of clothing. Unless of course she had hit her head... :p

And Bindi, even chubby 8-year olds have handles but I would never call them love handles.

But... whatever..!

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:eeek: not here, and the fact you know 8 year olds have those bits? :p fat kids

:hehe:

11. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

I'd say she's about 12 or 13, 14 tops. The photo is nice & clear, so you can see the baby fat and the absence of wrinkles, anywhere, as babies tend to have. The photo also shows the immature development of things like her leg muscles & upper torso, and the photo clearly shows that her baby fat spare tyre is bigger than her hips - all baby features, not what you find on an attractive developed woman.

I like the first photo better btw, i like sunsets.

12. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

13. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Haha, I should mention that I am in Greece :cooldude: And the reason I thought that shot went with the topic of culture was because the market is something that happens every week; there's one in every area, and that the way the girl was dressed imho, contrasted with the people that you would normally see at the market here in Greece, as it's mostly the old foagies that go there.

14. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Here's a good example. Just google images for "fat kid". Heck the shirt even matches :p
    [​IMG]

Oh and I think mvagusta pretty much nailed why it's a 12-15 year-old and not a mature woman.

Oh and very sorry for all the off-topic. :)

15. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

jesus christ..thats nasty..that's british kids for you. Oh well, when I took the shot, I was looking at the pose, not the age. I figured, by herself, grosery shopping, and those pants. Lol. anyway.

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

She's a young adult. Look at the pose, the bags of food shopping and above all, the shoes. Screams "student" all the way.

How many 12 to 15-year olds do you know who go grocery shopping for the parents?

17. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

with that ammount of grocery shopping she's gotta be at least 26 with 4 kids. definately a milf.

18. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

lol 'milf'

19. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

really? I mean, honest, was that necessary? ;)

Back ON TOPIC (As JJ tried so hard to get to):

I love the first one, but I'd definitely agree with him on the shorts. Turn it into a silhouette. :) There's still time left, you might con nath into letting you switch out the picture?

20. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Updated the shot. It's on the potm site.

Not sure if anyones interested in the Exif info, as I never save it when i save from photoshop, so here are the stats anyway;

first shot;

Nikkor 35mm F2D
    1/250th
    Iso 100
    F8

second shot;

Nikkor 70-300VR
    F8
    Iso 250
    1/640
    122mm

Tags: