1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st Time / EKWB FLT 240 advice

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by music4mybumhole, 10 May 2020.

1. music4mybumhole

music4mybumhole What's a Dremel?

I have a small form factor case (Bitfenix Prodigy M) and are thinking of putting a water-cooled loop in.
    I really would like to use the new EKWB FLT 240 pump reservoir and think I can fit a 240mm rad and a separate 120mm rad.
    What I was wondering is, I could only fit the DDC pump version in and not the D5. Would the DDC pump be OK to run a CPU & GPU loop with the 120 + 240mm rads?

Also secondly, one thing that would make the build a lot easier would be to have a flat reservoir / pump combo with the pump on the opposite side to the EKWB. If anyone knows of any let me know (I've checked Phanteks and they are the same as EKWB).

Thanks

Last edited: 10 May 2020
  2. Smoked Brisket

Smoked Brisket What's a Dremel?

Short answer is yes, the DDC will be enough to run that loop. I think you are asking if EK makes a "left handed" version of the FLT. No, sorry, I have one and you cannot, for example, dismantle it and rotate the front cover as it is not a perfect square cutout. You can place it vertically, pump at the bottom right, or horizontal, pump at bottom left.

music4mybumhole likes this.
  3. music4mybumhole

Perfect thanks for that.
    If you or anyone else do happen to find a left sided version from any other company let he know.

4. Smoked Brisket

Smoked Brisket What's a Dremel?

The Bitspower touchagua can be laid flat turned backwards etc. and still look good, it appears to have been designed for exactly what you are looking for. I am American so my link is from America, but the price here is decent and PPCS may help you on shipping if you give them a call. https://www.performance-pcs.com/water-cooling/reservoirs/bitspower-touchaqua-xyz-reservoir-pwm-bpta-xyz-res-pwm.html
    It is not a perfect match for what you are looking for but it does offer some options, and i doubt you will see it in a lot of builds so you will have that "unique" factor.
    If you want possibly a better option check out this guy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MinCakmhnh9CJUh-TzNRw
    He makes custom reservoirs, and they seem to be reasonably priced. He has an Ebay store and it looks to be very legit. He has tons of vids on reservoirs.

Last edited: 12 May 2020
    music4mybumhole likes this.
  5. music4mybumhole

That is awesome, both of what you have mentioned are exactly what I need. Thank you so much for that.