1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films 2012 Movie what can you say about this?

Discussion in 'General' started by technohive, 16 Aug 2009.

1. technohive

technohive What's a Dremel?

Release Date: November 13, 2009
    Genre: Action
    Cast: John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Amanda Peet, Oliver Platt, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover and Woody Harrelson
    Directed: Roland Emmerich
    Written by: Roland Emmerich & Harald Kloser
    Produced by: Harald Kloser, Mark Gordon & Larry Franco
    Executive Producers: Roland Emmerich,
    Ute Emmerich,Michael Wimer

Plot:
    Never before has a date in history been so significant to so many cultures, so many religions, scientists, and governments. 2012 is an epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors.

What can you say about this??....When I first heard about this I do wish it will never happen its scary ....

Last edited: 20 Aug 2009
  2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

You're scared about the release of a film?

Another Emmerich disaster movie, a la ID4 & The Day After Tomorrow.

3. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

this

I'm about as interested in this film as I am in cardboard

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I dunno, I won't write it off just yet. At least it seems to have a good cast (which is more than can be said for TDAT), although the vast majority of Emmerich's films, while quite entertaining, generally hover somewhere between poor and mediocre.

5. SpaceBaby

SpaceBaby AKA: Stophon

i was a fan of the day after tomorow so i will definatly go and watch it, love to watch someones imgination of the end of the world always funny.

would be funny if the mayan calendar was right and it is all over in 2012 :)

6. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

I'll go watch it, as I like watching movies. Beyond that the whole 2012 end of the world nonsense is just that, nonsense.

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

What would be funnier/even more ironic is if it was because of this film.

8. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

The mayan calendar does not say that the world will end in 2012 it says the current age will end and the fact that it claims 2012 is misleading also heres a link

mayan wiki

sorry but this is a pet peeve of mine I'm fairly sure that we had to calm CK down about this as well so there is a thread out there with more information also the film looks like another typical end of days disaster movie.

9. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Didn't they just make this in 2008? Oh wait, that was 2012 Doomsday. BTW it was easily the worst movie I've ever tried to watch - by accident.

And about the 2012-stuff? Yeah w/e. Doesn't either float or rock my boat in any way. World should have been destroyed about n+1 times already if all this bs was true.

EDIT: DAMNIT smc8788!

10. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Armageddon, Cloverfield, Flood, Godzilla, I Am Legend, Signs, Sunshine, Twister, The Core, The Day After Tomorrow, The Perfect Storm, Titanic, Volcano and about a million made for TV disaster movies.

Anyone would think that Hollywood has run out of ideas now that the Cold War is over. Terrorists have been done but they're not as black and white as East vs. West, so writers are drawing on mother nature to fill the void? Meh...

I'd rather watch something with an intelligent storyline. Saying that, I'm pretty sure the best films being made these days aren't being filmed in English.

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

:D

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

That reminds me of Michael Scott in the American "The Office"-series... In the episodes when he went to the acting school.

"Gimme some impro about something" "EVERYONE FREEZE I'VE GOT A GUN!!!1"
    "ok lets play some shakespeare" "EVERYONE FREEZE I'VE GOT A GUN!!!1"
    "Michael, your mom is dying, how do you act?" "SHUT THE F* UP, I'VE GOT A GUN!!1"

And so on, and so forth.

And to Emmerich: just get over it! Gosh.

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I like movies in which we (human beings in general) don't stand a fcking chance.

It's always good entertainment to count the number of ways in which you could die

14. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I think the one disaster movie I'd pay to see would be a War of the Worlds film that stayed faithful to the book, with Mike Trim's version of the fighting machine from the 'Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds' album cover.

15. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

For me it would be a toss up between Wayne's fighting machines and the fighting machines from the Classics Illustrated comic book. Either would be awesome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

john

16. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I like the classic FASA Shadow Run take on the 2012 theme a lot better. I even believe that was the first time I heard about that "Mayan calendar ending in 2012" thing.

As for Roland Emmerich movies, they're generally wellmade (in the sense of production values) fluff with idiotic scripts. (BTW, I'm German by birth so I'm allowed to dis him. At least he isn't on the Uwe Boll level. Now that would be really bad! :p)

17. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

World Ends. Full coverage at eleve.......

18. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

probably means Social Security checks will be late, huh?

19. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

If its loud and shiny it'll keep my attention regardless of the plot (or lack thereof). I'm easy like that.

20. H2O

H2O Burnt Acrylic - Mmmmmm

"WTF this movie sucks. How are you even supposed to..... OOOOO, shiny!!!!" :D:D:D