1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 3D games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by deathbringer67, 22 Nov 2010.

1. deathbringer67

deathbringer67 What's a Dremel?

I’m not sure if 3D games have been covered elsewhere on forms, so I just thought id share my findings.

I was under the impression to view games in 3D you needed a monitor with a refresh rate of about 120 and some glasses that would plug into your pc (very expensive ones to) to be able to view in 3D,

With my nvida gtx275 it has a 3D vision drivers which I have never bothered installing as I thought you needed monitor, glasses, so after reading about black ops being in 3D id thought I’d have a read up about it.

So I found 3D vision drivers installed them and was surprised to see you can use the old red/blue glasses (I know they are old and you can’t see any colours properly) so went through setup options and started up Black ops and yes it worked, it’s in 3D, I was amazed, not just black ops either there’s hundreds available.

I’m going to play through some of my old and new games, just give them a new lease of life.
    Games that I’ve tried so far which work in 3D are,

Black ops, COD4
    BCBF2
    Fifa11
    F1 2010
    Counter strike:source
    Total War Empire.

Just but a few, if this is old news to be able to use blue/red glass to view games in 3D, I’m sorry but its news to me.

2. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

Hi there, it's interesting to read other people's experiences with 3D vision as I am considering investing in a setup sometime soon.

Of the games you've played already, how did you find the 3D effect worked? Would you say it's worthwhile and would you be willing to invest in a 3D vision kit as well as a 120Hz monitor?

3. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

I have the shutter glasses an like it but the off switch is used more than the on.

4. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

That's really interesting to know (especially as I have the same GFX card as you).
    I wonder how well those glasses you get when you go to see a film at the cinema work, would be interesting to find out.

Also I think arkham asylum is supposed to support 3D, does anybody know if it works?
    (as that would be incredible in 3D)

5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I just tried with the glasses you get from the cinema, didn't work for me. Going to have to find some of those red and blue glasses now >.< Why was it that when you were a kid, you have hundreds, but now I have...none?!

6. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Batman works fine with 3D steroscopic as does Fallout 3 / Asassins Creed 2.

There's around 300 game's that do 3D.

I got my red / blue glasses from fleabay.

Edit @ Mars-bar-man Ive got a cheapo pair of cardboard one's if you want them PM me.

Last edited: 22 Nov 2010
  7. feedayeen

feedayeen What's a Dremel?

I figure that this is going to be one of the few places were somebody might actually have the equipment to do this test so:

How well does 3d play with multiple monitors? What if those other monitors are incapable of 3d display? I imagine that it will have no problems at all or completely befuddle the system depending on driver implementation.

8. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I've not tried it but I know someone with the Nvidia 3D suround system and its amazing but you need three identical 120hz monitors for it.

Last edited: 22 Nov 2010
  9. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

got my gegs of eBay 99p for 2 pairs. 3d works good on fps games but does mess with your aim a bit.

Might give it a go on black ops later.

10. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

*Brain fizzle*

So... wait... you... occasionally pick up the glasses, look at them, turn them off, even though they are already off, and put them down?

That is the only way my brain will parse that.