1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming 5 Great Indie Local Multiplayer Games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 30 Oct 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

5 Great Indie Local Multiplayer Gameshttp://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2015/10/30/5greatindiemultiplayergams/1

2. ashchap

ashchap Minimodder

I wish there were more local co-op games. My wife and I enjoy playing games together but it's quite rare to find good ones, especially ones with any meaningful progression or story arc. The games in this list are great for parties but you can't really play for long periods.

We really enjoyed playing the Trine games together - we're about to finish Trine 3 now. I'd definitely recommend Trine for anyone looking for a local co-op game that's not a party game. 1 & 2 are better than 3 but 3 has actually turned out to be more fun than I expected once you get used to the camera limitations.

3. Teq

Teq What's a Dremel?

Gang Beasts is a great game, though as mentioned does lack depth so tends to be best played in bursts. Things like Gauntlet and Overruled are worth a mention tool though in the case of Gauntlet it can also be played across a network so I'm not sure it strictly counts.

4. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

I think I want to do a couch co-op article this month (if I find time between all the releases in November), because there are so many great co-operative games. I play a lot as me and my housemate have been friends for years and are both big games.

5. ChrisHowell

ChrisHowell What's a Dremel?

I still have Micro Machines V3 on PS2 for this sole reason :D

6. jcb121

jcb121 What's a Dremel?

I still have micro machines on the Sega Megadrive for this reason!

Tags: Add Tags