1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning 750D Dual Loop Questions

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jodah175, 31 Jan 2015.

1. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

So,I recently picked up a Corsair 750D, absolutely loving this case. Can't wait to start my next build in it! I'm planning on going big as most times I just build a cheap, but useful AMD setup. I wanna go big. like, stupid big (for me) so that means X99, and triple SLI.

I have a sketchup model going and I'm realizing this case isn't quite as spacious as I thought it would be. -_-

Right now I'm currently planning on an Alphacool ST30 420mm rad up top, and a Alphacool XT45 280mm rad up front.I wanted to use dual Alphacool VPP655 variables w/ the HF tops and I'm just plain running out of room with dual rads, dual reservoirs and pumps, and also trying to hide a fair amount with a custom mid plate. Even though I planned on using 13/10mm rigid tubing, I feel like I'm even running out of room to make the runs properly with dual loops. :-/

pic (midplate semi-transparent) [​IMG]

Would I actually need dual loops or is it more of a "bling" factor? If I can get away with running a single loop, will a single Alphacool VPP655 be enough? If not, is there a single pump that would?

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

You can get away with a single loop. But as this is modding more is almost always better.

Thing is single loop wouldn't actually be saving you much space, but would save on some money.

In the past I have run triple loop for no other reason other than I can.

3. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

I Came up with a single loop, dual-pump design, But I really wanna do dual loop. the Dual loop design so far has changed to cramming 2 420mm rad's in, getting rid of the 5.25 bays, and no mid-plate. I always try to include a DVD burner as I use mine constantly. But, maybe I'll be able to deal with an external.

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Externals ar ok the other choice is a lap top or slot type. They're only thin easy to tuck away some where. I have mounted them side ways in the past behind the drive bays and cut a slot in to the front bezel

5. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

I had contemplated that, the only problem being the 750D's bezel doesn't lend itself to doing that very well looks wise and the way it's shaped. I shall have to see if there's a good looking way to mount one on the right side of the case (behind motherboard area). :)