1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alphacool ST30 never clean

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Age, 19 Feb 2021.

1. Age

Age Minimodder

Hello Bit Tech!

I am new to watercooling and have been flushing my rad(s) for a few days now. I started last Friday and spent time from 17:00 to 23:30 filling the rad (minus a break for some food), shaking it for 30s, emptying it. I probably flushed it at least a hundred times that evening, still gunk. To start I was using distilled only, but when it never ended I googled and people said tap water was fine as long as you flushed with distilled after. So I did that.

Since I had gunk still after 6 or so hours I started googling and also asked on the /r/watercooling discord for advice. What I ended up doing last Saturday was hooking the rad up to my shower hose and flushing it with hot water for two hours. After that I pulled it out and spent the time between 15:00 and 21:00 manually flushing it again, this time with tap water until I got tired and flushed it 10 times with distilled.

Today I pulled it out again to keep flushing and spent the past 3 hours manually flushing it. At one point I had 3 subsequent flushes with no particles, only for particles to reappear after that.

All of the water, except for the time I had it hooked to the shower, has been boiling, or near boiling.

The image I am attaching shows the last flush of distilled water I did for the day. There's still crap in there. What can I do to make it disappear? I am getting a bit tired of this to be honest and wondering if this rad is just ****.

tl;dr: Flushed rad manually probably 300+ times as well as 2hour flush connected to shower hose. Still crap in the water. What do?

[​IMG]

2. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

I'd have given up well before you and just chucked a filter after the rad. Bitspower and xspc both make pretty cheap inline filters that'll catch that sort of crap. Or aquacomputet do an expensive one you can clean without draining the loop.

Last rad I flushed was just left under the tap https://photos.app.goo.gl/yhU1NgLqyX3tnvEr7 :worried:

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

The problem is that the shaking is much more violent and abrasive than just having coolant run through it. I'm sure it will be fine after what you've already done, but you could try mayhems blitz part 1, but you'll then need to flush the rads again.

4. Age

Age Minimodder

Thanks guys. I'm gonna order some blitz to start with and also measure to see if I can fit in a filter. Would I need one after each rad or just one?