1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 13 Aug 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Gamers nexus seemed to suggest the 3600 might be the better value buy (assuming manual overclocking) but given the difference in single core boost it reaches at stock (or with Overdrive on) and the voltage you need to get an all-core overclock this might be the replacement for my Ryzen 1600 (assuming 4600x doesn't come out by the time I save up!)

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. According to most pieces I've read/watched so far the 3600X and the 3800X are not supposed to be worth the premium you pay over their respective smaller siblings. I thought about going 3800X myself but decided against it when seeing performance numbers, prices and availability.

4. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Faster than a 1800X in multi-threaded productivity tasks, faster than a 2700X in gaming, lower power consumption than a 9600K... Pretty much ticks 95% of boxes most users could want.

Still disappointed in AMD's claims relating to boost speeds and PBO, seems to be pretty much non-existent, even with exotic cooling solutions. I think Intel will struggle to clock Sunnycove chips as high as current 14nm options, so hopefully a Zen2+ refresh will squeeze that extra 200-300Mhz out of Matisse and really bury anything Coffee Lake and below.

5. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

My 3900X does boost to 4.6Ghz on single core workloads (Cinebench R15 Single core is the most consistent way to see it) but yeah PBO doesn't appear to do anything when played with on my MB.

So tempted to upgrades my wife's R5 2600 with a R5 3600 but right now here system isn't struggling as is (she just runs her 1080p monitor at 4K in games).

6. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

If this were my machine I would agree, 50$ to drag n drop a CPU for my wife's soon to be future machine its totally worth it to get it done ASAP and be on par with a close to max overclock on a nearly non downtime system

or in other words, I got time and interest in extracting every drop of performance out of my computer, with her computer thanks to her etsy shop and large time investment per day ... geez I got about an hour or two to swap out all software and have it running stable ... if I can cut the fiddle farting by 75% by spending 50 bucks, its a win.

Tags: Add Tags