1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

going to give nova a go i think, considering giving away the union vape stuff, terrible stuff.

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

The only premade eliquid I have bought in the last 8 months or so has been a couple of 10ml bottles of Digby's Moriya's Mix, because my good woman only like strong Vick's style vapes and gets through a few ml a month.

I just mix up a couple of dozen tried and tested recipes in big batches, so other than the initial outlay of £100 or so for all the concentrates and gallons of VG etc, vaping has been essentially cost free for me for the past year or so.

3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Nice. Dripdrop.com are also v good. 6 quid 30mls

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

popcorn lung ?

5. [PUNK] crompers

Lung cancer?

Don't buy liquids with diketones

6. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I read a pretty legitimate study (in fact I might have watched it on YouTube, some professor guy) stating that the levels of diacetyl in e-liquid is still at least ten times safer than inhaling a normal cigarette.

7. [PUNK] crompers

And most decent manufacturers certify either diacetyl free or levels so small they won't make a difference

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

8. Shirty

Just picked up a Lush RDA by Wotofo, and I kid you not the first word out of my mouth following the first puff was "lush".

I can see this becoming my daily driver due to the deep juice well...

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Doesn't matter how good the study was, if they're buying utter garbage then the test results will tell them it's utter garbage. Like [PUNK] crompers said, most good juice manufacturers should be able to tell you exactly what ingredients are in their juices. If you're mixing your own then the onus is on you to do the research.

10. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

A quick run-down of my liquids since I took the plunge and kicked the deathsticks (hopefully for good this time!). I bought a variety all at different strengths as I didn't really know what to go for, for a 20 a day smoker. A good job too, as some same strength brands taste wildly different in the 'nicotine hit' department.

Tear Drip 3mg - Got a 3 pack of Pearamel, Cinapps, and Revenge of the Geek. Pearamel smells ridonkulous but it's taste is all in all a bit masked by an overwhelming toffee taste. Barely any pear. Cinapps, pretty unmemorable but ok I guess, not enough flavour overall. Revenge, delicious, like a bottle of bubblegum soda.

Vaping Outlaws - Jawbreaker 18mg - Christ on a bike! If 18mg is for a regular smoker, as a lot of sites suggest, then a regular smoke must be on 40 Black Death a day! This stuff had such a rough kick that it was just not enjoyable beyond 3 puffs every hour or so. A decent enough flavour, but it was totally buried by the nicotine.

California Vaping Co. - Catalina 12mg - Now this is what I'm talking about! Fresh flavours of watermelon, kiwi, and something else (apparently pineapple, but it tasted a lot mellower to me). The watermelon and kiwi were so definable, and the strength level was perfect to just to puff on whenever I got bored.

G2 Vapor - Dr Green 18mg - This is what I'm trying today. So much cleaner than the VO stuff, even with the same nicotine content. The appley flavour is right at the fore, with a tiny tiny kiwi aftertaste, but it's definitely there. Another winner, though I think i'll still take it down to 12mg next time.

11. Shirty

Anything over about 9mg in a sub-ohm device is liable to sandpaper your windpipe. High nic juices tend only to work in low powered devices. Sub-ohmers tend to stick with a maximum of 6mg, else the throat-hit is unpleasant.

I accidentally vaped a 30mg juice in a 1.5 ohm microtank once and it damn near killed me!

12. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Then the G2 stuff must be the exception to the rule, as it's 18mg with a 0.5 ohm coil, and it's really quite pleasant.
    Still nowhere near the quality of the Catalina (still 12), but tasty nonetheless.

If you have any recommendations from ukecigstore, I'm all ears. I am using them just now purely because of the points rewards they have. I'm a stickler for a bargain!
    I'm looking into 8 bit as well, as I read here that they're pretty decent, especially for value.

13. Shirty

I should probably have added 'imo' at the end, everyone has different tastes!

I'm a DIY guy so will have to defer to others on the branded liquids. But try DIY, it's great! I'm currently vaping juice which is indistinguishable from Werther's Originals ;D

14. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Well, I've just had a great bit of supplier/customer conversation with 8bit and they've been kind enough to offer me 4x10ml samplers at 30% off, which is bloody decent of them. For their troubles, I've ordered up a custom watermelon/raspberry 70/30 to try.

If the liquids are as good as the customer service, at the value they offer, I may well frequent them more often.

I'm a little early in to be starting DIY just yet, but it's definitely something I will look into if I start vaping as a basic hobby rather than just to get off the tabs.

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

30mg?! Are you mad?! I think the highest I ever went was 24mg and that was horrific!

16. Shirty

It was this s**t.

I'm not generally a fan of minty/menthol liquids by my SO really likes them so I thought I'd use up some credit I had with TW and got a couple of these. Take a look at the bottom of the strength drop-down. WTF.

I primed her tank and took a few evil puffs whilst she was on the phone to her mum, thought I was going to die, but had to take my daughter up to bed. Came back down to find her choking her lungs up, she had spotted it whilst engaged in her phone conversation and taken a nice big drag. She seriously asked me if I'd put bleach or something in there to try and clean it, it was just awful.

It was only in the post mortem of the situation that I realised TW for some reason offer dangerously concentrated e-liquid.

TL;DR thought I was getting 3mg, got 30mg. Dissolved a pair of windpipes.

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Damn, son. 24mg was horrible, I can only imagine how vile 30mg was....

On a serious note tho, I saw plenty of scare stories about children & pets getting hold of e-liquid and accidentally ingesting it. 30mg/ml is probably enough to be legitimately dangerous* to pets and young children - that is, if you're stupid enough to not keep this stuff out of reach in the first place.

*I won't say "fatal" because the "accepted" nicotine LD50 for humans, 40-60mg, has been strongly challenged recently.

18. Shirty

All our liquid, flavourings, syringes etc. are kept up on a high shelf in the garage, and I only mix at 0% as it is. Better to be safe than sorry. what I choose to put in my body is up to me, but it's not fair on my children to leave it within reach, even if pharma VG mixed with food flavourings isn't technically dangerous.

Ali has 3 or 6mg juice, but only in tiny volumes using a naturevape on an ego-c but we still only vape outside or in the garage, and definitely not in the cars. I like my cloudy drippers and couldn't give a toss about nicotine any more.

Play it safe.

19. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

18mg of the VO was harsh but manageable, going through a tank in 2 days. 30mg, now who has the capacity to smoke that regularly?!

I was a smoker for 14-5 years, 20 a day or 10-15 rollies easily, but 30mg would send me into a coma I think.

20. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

My 8bit stuff should arrive today.

Gone for 10ml of Purple, Super Space Pirate and Bubbleberry, with a 20ml concoction of my own devising. All in varying nicotine strengths from 6mg to 12mg.

I'll give them all a go and put my reviews up. Looking forward so much to these! If they taste as good as the price, i'll be a happy buyer.