1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 XT Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 6 Oct 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

The point of spending the price of a computer again on your computer is?

3. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

Only one question:
    Why the preview post on xtremesystems forum is more informative than this review?

Oh, and the site you link to was last updated in 2007...

Last edited: 6 Oct 2011
  4. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Another mag review posted on the net a few weeks later :(

5. Korvus

Korvus May contain traces of sanity.

Have one of the Aquaero 4's in my current rig, very nice piece of kit. This looks even better but I'd probably go for the cheaper one.

6. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Seriously, another mag article! You cannot seriously claim there is enough info in there to call this a review! I hate seeing my favorite site going down like this.

7. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

People who buy this will have computers in the price range of 15-2000£. This is not for your average Joe which is also evident from the "Extreme Ultra" badge it was awarded.

8. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

My computer cost around this, but it doesn't need water cooling, it runs cool and quite. I built it myself for working with graphics apps.

9. Astroreeper

Astroreeper What's a Dremel?

This is a bit of a shallow review. People who have used Aquacomputer systems would never use anything else. They are aimed at the top end enthusiast, and as so are loved by them.

So I would say, that because of sloppy reading of the material that was in the package, much of the information is wrong too.

This isn't a review, it's a snapshot, and lazy reporting of the best watercooling and fan control system in the world bar none.

Just looking at the site page gives you vastly more information, and correct information too. http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=2667

10. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

but a water cooled computer looks cool... not as cool as oil but way cooler than air....

even if technically the reverse is prob true of the temps.

11. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

I have the Aquaero 4 in my pc, just because at the time I wanted a really nice looking lcd front panel and good fan controller.
    I couldn't ever see myself changing from it now the quality, looks and features are fantastic, their expensive but well worth it.
    This looks like a very nice addition to the family although I'm not sure why you'd want to water cool it :s

12. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

OK, first up, yes, I linked the english website that hasn't been updated in a while; changed to German website that's current.

However, comparing a review which tells you about the user experience of installing and using the product to a 3 thousand word product announcement is ridiculous. Of course it goes into huge detail, it's a press release! We covered the Aquaero's features, but rather than spam spec tables though, we wanted to focus on what it's like to use the product, which I think the review conveys well. It offers unrivalled control, but isn't the easiest product to setup, and is expensive too.

13. tigermain

tigermain What's a Dremel?

Im seriously disappointed, considering how much they dwell on the complexity of the equipment this is the most pathetic review, Bit-Tech used to set a standard when I used to run Moddin'.net but now its just turning into a corporate waste unfortunately, I miss Koolvin

14. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

With regards to BT releasing magazine articles, you can't blame them for that. They're sister publications, and as such there will always be some content overlap. To create value for the magazine, the articles will always be printed there first. However, being online and instant, news comes to the website first, so it's just a trade-off.

However, the points on the quality of the article I think are valid. Given the different audiences in the mag and the website, I think we could've done with a bit more depth to this review for its online publication, especially since this is a product many people hold dear.

Also, what's up with the slow news lately? Too busy setting up for Dennis Con?

OT I think this is a great product, and definitely worth the price if you can afford it. However, I do think the review score should maybe reflect the fact that most people who get this would be fine searching through forums finding the best way to set it up and not relying much on the manual.

15. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Rather than just being derogatory, help us improve; what could we have added here; what did we not include enough detail on. We covered plenty of its features such as the controller's ability to setup complex cooling curves, its software, it's fan capacity, it's temperature sensor capacity, it's compatibility with third party sensors and pumps, its power output, its IR remote, its touch screen, the fact you can tie multiple fans to sensors. You don't need 3K words to convey this, and while I know there are features that we haven't covered here, such as the optional power monitoring, RGB LED support and Media PC remote support,, I still think the review is a solid overview of the Aquaero's capabilities and user experience. Having used the product myself, even with online manuals and support, it's still a pig to setup!

16. bobwya

bobwya Custom PC Migrant

This is a subject I have quite a lot of interest in... I've played about a PIC controller and PWM temperature fan control (using MosFET drivers). In the end I put the project down :) But I did have some working kit - just no UI to access it...

This review was not review (as has already been stated). I want to know whether the controller uses PWM pulsed square wave output (if so what frequency) or only voltage curves? Any fan/pump stalls? Is it able to supply say a pair of Liang DDC Pro pumps and a group of 8+ rad. fans 24/7 without failure (i.e. some kind of "real world" load test)? Can you stabilise the load temperature of a CPU/GPU - to a narrow range - by controlling both pumps and fans?

Come on guys - it feels like you are doing this as a hobby (and one you are perhaps getting bored of!!) Some of the hardware podcasts show this clearly (lots of "professionals" who really don't know what they are talking about - I could cite comments about Intel's planner transistors as an example of this)...

I think I'll not be following the bit-tech site for much longer...

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Would it be possible to lend it out to a reader for a few weeks to do a detailed test and review of it? Some members have the skillz to do a good job. Or we could ask pros like Mayhem, Coolmiester; guys with a proven track record.

We are sitting on a huge expert base in our membership here. Let's use them.

18. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

QTF... sadly.

I just dont understand how such a complex product can be "revied" in a single page. Baz, you say look at the info we have given. All you have done is tell me what it does. Not how good it is at each particular thing ect

19. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

Looks like I shall be changing the Mcubed T-Balance BigNG in my watercooling system :p

20. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

This is the first time I've visited BT in probably two weeks now, and I'm once again putting it on the back burner... There are no informative reviews, no useful articles, nothing. A few years ago this would have been a 10 page review, and now we get a two paragraph article?

On top of that, the amount of ads I have to block just to look at this site in the first place anymore is over the top...

Sorry BT, but I'm done.

Tags: Add Tags