1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress ARMADILLO

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Supa_M, 12 Feb 2009.

1. Supa_M

Supa_M What's a Dremel?

You know I'm not to sure about it floating, but I'll throw it in the swimming pool and see what happens....I chose the name because of the fact that the panels resemble the plates on an armadillo (kinda)...While we're on the topic of the name, I spelt it incorrectly, can somebody please tell me how to change the name, because i just can't figure it out...It's probably simple, but some help will really be appreciated..thanks

2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Go to the first post - click edit. Then select advanced. You can change the title there.

john

3. Supa_M

Supa_M What's a Dremel?

Thanks man...lol, that was simple

4. Zeroignite

Zeroignite So I decided to simulate a Universe

At least somebody caught it before you went and painted it all over the front...

5. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

tnx for the reply. although i like the name (it has a nice ring to it), and being able to speak to your pc and call him by name is something unique:d, i do not (yet) see what you mean with the plates looking like that animal?

6. Supa_M

Supa_M What's a Dremel?

Ok, I've got a bit of progress to show you guys, not much... but something
    I was working on the front panel, honestly i didn't plan it very well,because the front panel had me stumped for a while, but i came up with a plan.I used a normal panel and cut it into strips, and then placed it to get the shape.
    after that i put a sheet of fibreglass ontop of that, and then bodyfiller..speaking of bodyfiller,I ran out of it
    so i bought some more, it was a different make to what i've been using before...the new one was terrible, it seperated,
    so i had to mix it, which was a workout and a half..

[​IMG]

This is what it looks like with a sheet of fibreglass on it, as you can see it wasn't the most beautiful thing around..but it does the job
    [​IMG]

I apllied some bodyfiller and tried to get the shape right...it was challenging, but i got it right...still alot of sanding to do

[​IMG]

I wasn't gonna show this pic yet.. I didn't wanna spoil it, but I thought what the heck, let me just show it...this is what the top of the case looks like so far...the top panels haven't been securely fitted yet..
    [​IMG]

This project involves alot of sanding and filling, and some more sanding...so it's very time consuming in that regard...but now that the weekend's here I can hopefully get alot of work done on the case...so until the next update(probably tomorrow) that's it from me...over and out

7. NysoO

NysoO Handcrafted

Cool and interesting design man! Keep it up!
    I'm sure you'll be able to think something out for the front :)

Tags: