1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Assassin's Creed II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ravenheart, 19 Nov 2009.

1. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

Just been on the Amazon.co.uk website and it shows this as being released on XBOX 360 on 20th November 2009 but not for PC until 26th February 2010!! WTF, and I've also read it's not released on PC till March 2010.

What's the point in that, if they think it'll stop piracy they're deluded, why don't they just release it at the same time as XBOX 360/PS3 versions, but noooo they always make PC owners wait and quite frankly I'm sick of it! Anyone else agree that it should be released at the same time instead of making us SUPERIOR PC owners wait?

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I'd rather have it in a parallel release, but it takes time to port it over and tweak it for the PC. Don't forget the extra time it'd take for the QA people to make sure it runs on a massive spectrum of hardware. PS3 and X360 don't have to worry about a million different hardware combinations.

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

@Krikkit: agreed (and I noticed Hex is playing it on the 360 already - her twitter feed has been set up to post any new unlocked achievements every 30 mins). Looking forward to this one actually.

4. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I have indeed, pre-ordered from Zavvi and it arrived this morning. I was a little chuffed it's fair to say! :thumb:

I also agree with the reasons Krikkit's given, if they'd held back the console release while they got the PC release ready people (myself included) would moan. Can't win really.

5. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

have to say im really looking forward to this, but will resist buying it earlier on the 360 and stick with the pc version

6. Digibull

Digibull Stealth Geek

I watched the Lineage clips on youtube and am now desporate to continue the story, though I stupidly asked my girlfriend to get the xbox version for me for christmas...

... waiting sucks.

Though regarding the PC version for some reason (as a die hard PC gamer) I always find I can get more into 3rd person stylie games on the Xbox. Batman, Gears of War, the 1st AC, for some reason I find it has a better feel to it. It's still pretty crap that my fellow PC gamers have to wait a few more months for the experiance.

7. Hex

This isn't going to make you PC-waiting-types happy but I love this game so far! Danny Wallace's sarcasm is hilarious, there are loads of funny moments (meeting my Uncle made me laugh out loud). There also seem to be about a million things you can collect, note the 'can'. Collecting most of them gives you money and therefore isn't needed to continue the game, it's just nice if you like collecting things (I really, really do... apart from flags in Kingdom...). It continues on from AC1 really nicely too in a way that still explains enough if you didn't play it.

I can see myself playing this for a good while! I finally got my throwing knives \o/ time to start leaping across rooftops picking off guards then :D

8. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

The only thing about this game that pisses me off is that Ubi said they wouldn't put another set of flag collecting achievements in the game. Instead, they put feather collectings achievements in the game... *******s.

9. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

If that wasn't sarcasm...wat? We've been getting the vast majority of interesting titles way before consoles forever. It's the shitty console games that take time to get ported over (c.f. Resident Evil 4), because they know the PC market has better things to take an interest in.

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Bought it Friday night and started playing it yesterday (wanted to get Batman:AA hard mode completed first), really enjoying it so far. A couple of lol moments (Eizo's uncle's intro for one).

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

yep, like playing FPS without auto-snap to enemy and other really innovative indie games.

but making us wait will mean the port has to be excellent. if GTA4 never made PC gamer's wait such a long time, the expectations won't be as high.

12. Hex

Yes! I nearly spat my drink everywhere at that point :hehe:

The U-Play Auditore Crypt bit is the most frustrating bit of the entire game I swear! It does that really annoying thing where the camera changes angles so to jump forward you have to press push right... gaaaahhhh. Also, I was stuck on the bit in the 'dream' for ages before looking it up on the internet and finding everyone else got stuck there too.
    when you're chasing the target as Altaïr and get to the tower, stand on the wall directly in front of the bit of wood with the lamp on it and then (facing it) just jump, don't touch LS at all or he will fail. Every time.

There's a few glitches in it again, on my first ViewPoint I pressed pause and it cocked it up a bit. He wouldn't jump or climb down. He'd only look to the left and back again. A quit and restart sorted that though.

Really enjoying this game, there's so much to do, I'm almost gutted it's going to end! I'd also love to get a conspiracy theorist to play it as I think their head would explode.

13. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Its one of the things consoles handle as well as, if not better than, PCs. It makes sense for them to release it to consoles before xmas, and at least they're taking the time to do a proper port to the PC.

14. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

I was disappointed when it seemed almost at the last minute they delayed the PC version. For quite a while it was same date for everything, then suddenly it's not.

That's what annoyed me. If they had said from the get go it wouldn't be out till later on the PC I'd be fine. Why? Because the PC version of the first was superior, I'd wager it'll be the same with the second.

15. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I tried loging into the u-play thing last night on the main menu and I kept getting a server error.

I also tried entering the code that came on the flyer in the box, and wondered why it wasn't working before I realised it was for Avatar and not AC2 :wallbash:.

16. Hex

I'd signed up already to get the Prince of Persia's hideously annoying orangey red & blue swishing scarf crap changed to Altaïr's assassin's garb. I'd forgotten until it logged me straight in! The most useful bit for me has been the extra throwing knives. I LOVE the throwing knives :D
    I was soooo close to doing that! :worried:

17. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I came across this earlier today ;)

[​IMG]

Source

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this coming out on PC :) (unfortunately not until next year :()

18. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

+1

I think it's utter b/s that pc gamers have to wait till next feb to play a game that's already out on console. It better have something more than what the console version has otherwise I can't quite understand why we have to wait.

19. Bede

Bede Minimodder

So that it has a proper ui, so that the controls are good, so that is balanced for lean. So that we can, on our million different hardware configs, play it bug-free. It's not some weird conspiracy against PC gamers..."bwahaha no christmas assassination for them!" :s

boiled_elephant likes this.
  20. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

OMG!! I actually love this game a little bit!! It has to be one of the first games I've wanted to play and not put down!! Ever....

One great inclusion in the swimming, the amount of times I've been running across the roofs in Venice with God knows how many guards chasing me, just to dive off a roof, and swim away.

Love the Assassins tombs as well. They were a lot of fun!!
    Altiar's armour actually looks like sex would look....it's that damn nice!!

One little bug I've found is the Leap's Of Faith, jump from the REALLY high sync points, and you can overshoot the landing zone...yet you just 'snap' back into it...But other than that, I think I may play through it again once I've finished it!!