1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features Asus Interview: Andrew Wu (ROG Motherboard PM)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 12 Oct 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Quote "bit-tech: So if you wanted and Intel let you, you could make Z270 compatible?

Andrew: Yes, but you also require an upgrade from the ME [Management Engine] and a BIOS update. Intel somehow has locked the compatibility"

That says it all really, thank you for asking that question guys :thumb:

Vault-Tec likes this.
  3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I wish they'd go back to those early days of motherboard design. Give us a stripped out, bare-bones, naked copper heat sinked, not an rgb in sight, overclocking dream board. Like a Lotus or Caterham for your shiney new Cpu.

I miss my striker ii nse/extreme in a way. I'd kept the heat sink assembly off both of them, but they accidentally got thrown out when I moved. Was pretty devastated.:sigh:

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I hear ya, man! My first PC love was a Rampage Extreme, the X48 one, the very first one. I will own one again!! :D

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Matt you're asking about Intel 9/10s of the time and nothing about ASUS specifically. How does ROG related to Strix? Is Strix impacting ROG sales? Where are the Strix Ryzen boards?

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

You can't really blame him. People want answers and Intel are full of meecrab (Cartman's word for s**t). Any way, we get most of our Asus news from you Rich :D

The prosecution rests its case. Explain that away, fanboys.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I left 2.5 years ago.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I know, but you go to the shows etc :)

9. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

That was a good little read, nice to see some of the tougher questions actually being able to be answered for a change.

10. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

The event was specifically Intel Z370 themed, and it felt like the thing most people would want answers on. I do take your point (though 9/10 is an exaggeration!) but with limited time and Andrew's sore throat, this was what I wanted to cover most.

MLyons likes this.
  11. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Eh, there's some dodgyness in his answers. For example:
    PCIe RAID was added in Z170, not Z370. And it has no requirement for Intel SSDs to be used whatsoever.
    Coffee Lake does not support VROC at all, NVMe RAID is entirely done through chipset lanes as on Z170 and Z270.

12. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

It's nice of him to answer these questions so openly. I'm guessing ASUS aren't particularly happy either about having to splurge out on the R&D for an upgrade that probably wasn't particularly necessary.

13. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

Be fair to the bloke... nobody has a hope in hell of understanding that.

How long was the Strix gaming mouse and kb out for with the ROG keyboard still little more than a vague floating rumour?

I sort of got it as a pitch to the former console gamers, but once it started appearing on graphics cards and motherboards... I have no idea.

Didn't then, don't now. It's an odd place.

Tags: Add Tags