1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batman Begins

Discussion in 'General' started by quack, 17 Jun 2005.

1. omicron

omicron Baud.

But Dr. Evil is a total idiot :eyebrow:

2. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

Erm... If you read the comics...

The dude, Joe Chill actually kills them..

I loved this flick, totally awesome, very comic booky, and yeah.. really great acting IMO...

Scarecrow=4tw?

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Saw it monday night, Brilliant!
    So need to see the joker. ;)

4. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Yeah it's deffo Joe Chill who kills them.

5. Noot

Noot What's a Dremel?

I would like to see it, but all of my buddies have seen it atleast twice, so I have nobody to go with.

6. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

I watched it on Friday at the Imax. Loved the film, and the Imax made it just totally immersive. :D

7. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

Watched this thursday, 'tis a top job , dark, atmospheric and full of gadgets, got to be one of the top films I've seen so far this year

8. gargoyle

gargoyle What's a Dremel?

It's somewhat odd that there are people who base their understanding of Batman on the Tim Burton films (the Joker killed his parents comment). Understandable I guess just seems strange to an old fogey like me.

It means there are people out there who think Bruce Wayne is 5'10" and Gotham Zoo is populated by armed Penguins who are taller than him....spooky!

9. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

its somewhat harder to believe the comics since batman killed superman. why would he kill superman ? there on the same team! How could he kill superman (unless its young smallville superman, who would see the huge kryptonite flying at him, say, "OMGWTFBBQ" - Have time ot run away, but doesnt because hes such an enormous gimboid).

and dr evil wasnt stupid, he was incredibly cunning, and an A+ Arch Nemesis for someone of austin powers calibre... i.e. not a superhero.

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Bloody excellent, saw it on saturday night and it truly is wonderful. I'm glad i'm not alone, with all you hardcore Batman fans in agreement. IMHO it totally whooped the other Batman films (never thought i'd say that about a Tim Burton film...).

Scarecrow was a great baddy, really scared the ******** out of me with his unexpected blast of neuro-hallucenogenic crap.

Christian Bale as Batman is great - he's a bloody good actor and only getting better (Equilibrium + Batman are his best so far imho).

The Batmobile was badass, love the sound of that 5.7L V8 in there (even if it was a fake sound :p).

11. K

K 528491

I don't recall Batman ever killing Superman.

12. I'm going to see the film soon, or maybe I'll get the DVD.

But the game is darn good!!

13. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Best. Batman. Ever.

Apart from the really cool Batmobile, the whole sound of the film was amazing. You could really feel the sound - every explosion, engine, crash - everything.

Wow! That's all I can say. Completely gobsmacked by it.

14. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

"You know how it is, Doc... When you're at a party and someone starts passing around a weaponized hallucinogen..."

Simply priceless. The best movie I've seen in a very long time.

15. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

Dark Knight Returns

I don't remember if he kills him or just completely kicks his @$$ - but at that point they were certainly not on the same team.

Edit - Oh my god - I just completely out-geeked myself - I am arguing about comic books in an internet forum dedicated to computer modification

How bad can it get? - Oh, and I turn 30 in 2 months..... :wallbash:

16. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

I'm sure we'll find a way to do worse here sooner or later. But at the moment........

Don't the 3 things kind of go together anyway? Statistically those that are into 1 of those would be more likely to be into at least one of the other 2 IMO

17. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

You could play everquest, live in your old bedroom in your parents house on the top bunk and be an IT technitian at a college during the day.

18. K

K 528491

Exactly, he doesn't kill him. He fakes his own death on the verge of killing him to prove he could have killed him easily if he wanted to. But he didn't, because it's Superman... And Batman would never kill Superman. Because Batman isn't a tool. Hey, Superman started it! He didn't have to get involved. But nooooo, 'the government told me to'... Pansy.

Bogomip - If you really must know how Batman almost kills Superman I would suggest reading The Dark Knight returns but rest assured it involves a certain substance beginning with K and all the power Gotham City has.

19. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

That film was Brilliant!!!!
    Have to agree about the Joker thing though, if just to keep consistent with the first Batman film.

Although,
    surely someone from Wayne Corp must have twigged the Tumbler was one of their shelved defence products

Never really got into the DC comics much, I was always more of a Marvel reader

20. Vito

Vito What's a Dremel?

Saw the film some weeks ago. Not bad, but not great also.