1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bethesda considering iPhone Fallout 3?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Jun 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

perhaps something like old Pokemon RPG styled game with re-worked touch interface?

since shooting/action obviously don't work with touch screens.

3. I-E-D

I-E-D Minimodder

Would be call, but practical and none battery life wasting is another thing.

4. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Why not just make it turnbased like Fallout 1, 2 and tactics? I think that would be the obvious choice? or is that too old school?

5. sear

sear Guest

It's not even too old-school, it's too complicated. Most of the Fallout fans these days are not fans of the original games, and probably have never played them. It's a completely different market.

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I'm not sure the hex-based system would work well on an iPhone, definitely not unless the graphics were re-scaled. I also think Bethesda want to try and go their own way with the franchise, not just repeat on it.

Besides, they probably want to stop people playing Fallout 2 and seeing how much better it is than Fallout 3 ;)

7. coolius

coolius What's a Dremel?

8. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

The odd thing I find about gaming on a mobile device is that I never feel motivated to play anything deep.

On my X1 I have a pretty big library of games, from stuff as simple as Tetris up to full JRPGs like Chrono Trigger and FF7.

Yet those times I go to play a game on the phone I generally head for Tetris and Mario, with Pokemon (blue) being the 'deepest' game I get into.

Maybe it's just the fact that I'd rather play Chrono Trigger emulated full-screen on my laptop or main PC and dedicate myself to it properly, or maybe I'm just lazy when it comes to mobile gaming.

Then again, I don't own a DS or a PSP either, so maybe mobile/handheld gaming just isn't for me any more, so the notion of any fallout game on a mobile device just doesn't excite me..

9. freakydoo

freakydoo What's a Dremel?

I doubt if it will be Fallout 3 maybe Fallout: You Ass is in a Sling Now. It seems to me that the VATS system could lend it's self very well to the first person shooter on the iPhone/touch. You're wandering around doing you thing and uh oh there's a meanie. You try to get a bead on him but your thumb is sweaty and you moved the sites to far to left. By now the meanie's seen you and is unloading on you. Now you try to correct and... ahhh screw it. You hit the VATS button and aim for the head with one shot from your double barrelled shotgun, then you look (while still in VATS) for another meanie and yep there she is, so you use another shot for her head and spread the rest of your action points (AP) reloading and body shots to try to finish off both. This could be fun but the VATS system would have to mean more in combat than it currently does on pc.

10. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Yep have to agree with that.

Tags: Add Tags