1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFBC2 CPC server revamped

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by wyx087, 18 Dec 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

shame it ended so badly with tourists shooting :( still had good fun fist and half rounds though.

didn't get any good footage, sorry, don't think i'll make a video this time round. was looking for single person getting chased by a pack of medic sort of footage.

2. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Is there something messed up on the server at the moment? Gametracker keeps trying to tell me that it was last scanned 41 years ago.

3. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Anybody going to be on tonight? Gotta test out my new GPU.

*jumps for joy*

4. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

will there be another repair tool/defib game today ?

pwetty please :D

5. murraynt

murraynt Modder

I'll be on.
    Time to get that sig a refresh.

6. Nealieboyee

Lol awesome. Did a bit of crude benching earlier with res @1920 x 1080 with everything HIGH and 8x MSAA and 16x AF. I'm getting 70fps tops and 25 during heavy smoke and explosions. I'm happy with 4x MSAA and 8x AF though.

Edit: Oops make that 80fps with nothing going on. 60fps average.

How's my sig now? :D

Last edited: 19 Mar 2011
  7. wyx087

awesome game today, glad to see the server being full for a few rounds. despite complains, seem pretty balanced for most rounds, of course, excluding my chopper rampage.

but it's a shame it died so quickly...... :( and don't know why mumble was down, multiplay clanforge also cannot connect to the server, must be something on their end.

8. Nealieboyee

Yeah it died in literally minutes. Good games guys thanks

9. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Some good games apart from the unbalanced ones.

Also I'm going to put it out there that i'm not really a fan of Port Valdez; it looks awesome but very quickly becomes a boring stalemate until the tickets run out. Even more so when you have a team that don't know how to build up momentum.

10. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

A lot of games are like that when your team isn't very good - it was the same story on Atacama Desert and Oasis. In the games that I played tonight neither team was really able to penetrate when they were offense, which made for some pretty boring games since you were just waiting for the tickets to run out. The main thing I don't like about Port Valdez is that it has a couple of really annoying chokepoints which are prime targets for snipers and nade spam.

It's a shame the team randomiser plugin wasn't working as well, that usually serves to liven things up a bit.

11. wyx087

i thought rush games are supposed to be like that. if both team are equal in ability, the defenders should have a slight upper hand.

and from what i've seen, the randomiser only works when there's 10 to 20 players on the server. it doesn't seem to do anything on a full server.

so Port Valdez, let's call a vote: Keep in map rotation or nay?

12. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

True, but the best rush games (in my mind anyway) are the ones where attackers are pushing the MCOMs very hard so there are lots of plants and defuses, and you actually get past the first base (which is usually biased in the attacker's favour, unlike the last base which is more in the defenders favour). Last night both attacking sides struggled to get plants off for whatever reason, and when they did they were defused almost immediately.

I'm fine with keeping it in TBH, it doesn't aggravate me as much as Heavy Metal and if we get rid of every map that someone doesn't like there will only be a couple left.

What maps are currently in the Rush rotation? It seems like there are some maps which get played very rarely if at all on the CPC server. When the server switches to Rush it seems like it's usually Oasis, Valparaiso, Isla Inocentes, Port Valdez, Arica Harbour or Atacama Desert, which is fair enough as some of those are great maps (Valp being my personal favourite, along with Arica Harbour once you get past that tedious first base), but sometimes it might be nice to play one of the lesser played maps like Cold War, Laguna Presa, Harvest Day, or Nelson Bay (I realise a lot of people don't like this map but I don't mind it).

Last edited: 20 Mar 2011
  13. Nowell @ CCL

Nowell @ CCL CCL Customer Services

Cold War for me is an awesome Rush map!

14. murraynt

murraynt Modder

If we just limited snipers on the defender side it would be a huge help.

+1

15. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

In the event of the Mumble server being used by people playing Black Ops *shudder* (such as today), people can use my TS3 server if need be. I personally find TS3 to be a better VOIP client than Mumble anyway.

Deets are:
    IP: 85.236.100.27
    Port no.:13987
    PW: cheesecake

My friends are occasionally on there though so be warned :p

16. wyx087

i thought people can freely create a channel to use for their own business. looks like i'll need to setup a few random channels.
    EDIT: Random channels setup. 3 random lobby and 2 for two teams. stay in root channel for general BFBC2 gaming.

Cold War is in the rotation, i think, will check.
    Harvest Day isn't in because it didn't seem like a fan favourite, can become boring if either side stuck in first stage, but will put back in.
    Nelson Bay is horrible when it's mass medic rush, so if people want it in, please don't abuse the game's class inbalance. otherwise a medic class limit will have to be put into place (eg. 8 per side)
    Laguna Presa wasn't in because it was the default starting map for the server before i came in, thought people would have played enough of that, i'll add that in.

EDIT: cold war was in; Nelson bay, Presa and harvest Day are added. only Rush map missing from rotation is White Pass. (which IMHO is a Conquest map)

Keep in mind rotation list is 19 long, because it's mixed game mode. so playing on the server for 2 hours you'll probably only going to sample ~30% of the whole list.

sniper rifles are limited on both sides. 5 on full server, 3 on half-full servers. once there are 5 sniper rifles, people can still spawn as recon and use all-kit weapons.

Last edited: 21 Mar 2011
  17. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Anyone up for a game now?

18. Nealieboyee

I'll be on at 8pm. Welcome back Marine!

19. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Good to be back! Btw...If I'm to join the game...I need to add you XD....Ign?

Last edited: 21 Mar 2011
  20. Nealieboyee

I'm "bettyblue1986" without the quotes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.