1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech 2017 refresh feedback: General site and forum feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Dogbert666, 27 Jun 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

All your banners are belong to us me!

Byron C likes this.
  2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

It's quite impressive that your banners take up more space than your avatar. :D

3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

ooops! Yes another duplication there, 'moderator' and 'super moderator' -one should be instead of the other.

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The top one determines if they show up on the public list on the homepage, We can toggle this on and off. The bottom one is their user group and will always be on.
    this is always being worked on and we accept suggestions for it.
    hadn't thought of this I'll see what i can do.
    Another good point. I'll work on it tomorrow.
    already on my list to work on tomorrow :)
    this is a lil tricky to sort out but i think it can be done.
    You should seen what it looked like when all groups had banners.
    :rolleyes:

5. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Just regarding fonts, personally I think a fair bit of the UI and other text is a touch small and maybe the body text of posts are a fraction large.

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

i did bump it up this morning a little bit but there's still some room. I'll mess with it tomorrow.

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

By the way, could we have a slightly larger limit for avatar pics? I have a nice animated .gif that I've managed to compress to 68Kb but the forum has a limit of 50Kb. :(

8. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

Let's make it 65kb just to trolololol?

One thing that is slightly annoying me is that both the 'home' and the bit-tech logo takes us to bit-tech.net. I would personally prefer the bit-tech logo to take us to the site and home take us to the home of the forums. I know there is another home button a couple of cm lower that does this already, but it is just nice to have things top left.

Not sure if this is just me though :D

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

[​IMG]

It's not just you. :)

10. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Couple of things that I don't think anyone's mentioned yet:

1) What happened to the Next and Previous buttons on news? Not keen on all this forward/backwardsing
    2) Comments? I assume this is just a tickbox once you're happy with the forums?

11. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Also, The links to the forum from news pages are broken, and should probably be above related links?

12. alpha112

alpha112 Modder

Here's an example that shows the different purples, different gradients, different styling and some of the random colour scheme being used across the forums. There's also the message bubbles and the bit-tech logo which are fairly low res images for what they're being used for.
    https://imgur.com/a/LYDnA

Also, I'd like to add uploading an image to the site as something that's got a weird UX flow to it. I didn't have the time to figure out how to add an album so I just used imgur.

13. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Cool! I like it. Really fast and joy of joys, no thread ratings for trolls to feed on.;)

Good work lads. :)

14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Has anyone mentioned the whiteness yet? :p
    I tried to break stuff. I really did. I stopped short of trying to report an admin. You guys have done a great job.
    Cheesecake ... OK, that needs fixed. Some of the old BT cheek got lost in the migration. The trophy titles lack mention of cheesecake too.

15. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Forum seems to work really nice on my mobile, although my personal opinion is there's a little too much white, I'd like to see a dark theme or maybe replace some white with grey, bar that great work guys.

16. MLyons

Work in progress. The dark theme is ready and made, you can see screenshots in some of my posts. There is currently an issue with importing it properly from our test environment to the live forum. We've made progress on the issue and ill post an update somewhere when there's more :grin:

17. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Please please can we get a optional dark theme? my retinas are burning!

18. Yukionno

Yukionno What's a Dremel?

Hey there MLyons,
    Thanks for the reply to my comments and I'm glad to see that themes are being worked on!
    Another couple of comments (not sure if anyone has brought these up yet) after using the forums for a couple of hours are:
    • A 'scroll to top' button, maybe a scrolling one that stays at the bottom right corner of your current browser window?
    • I always found the option to only view the authors posts an excellent way to catch up on project progress (less scrolling through comments more reading about the modding/work being done), is there a way of implementing this for the new forum?
    Thanks for listening.

19. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

20. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

Theme issue in settings: dark background and dark text
    [​IMG]