1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Bit-tech and Asus Summer Overclocking Summit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 19 Jul 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. nbaprophet

nbaprophet What's a Dremel?

Awesome guys. I wish I were there too...

Great job bit-tech. keep it up.

3. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

So were prizes handed out for both rounds or if not, who won overall?

4. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

The was a cache of prizes, which the teams were invited to come up and collect from in the order that they finihsed, ie the team with the best overall scores from both rounds went up first, through to last placed team last. There were LOADS of prizes so a fair few of us took home a couple each. I got the Sabertooth P67 board and an Asus Triton B1 cpu cooler, and we finished 3rd....

It was a great day in spite of there not being any next gen stuff, or games, just overclocking. Great fun!

and the Bit-tech folk brought Pizzas too! Nice.

5. Tattysnuc

Shame that there was no mention of our 5.28Ghz air overclock that we pushed through to give us a winning score but were unable to complete the benchmark before time was called :( Done overclocking the BCLK and the multi. No underclocking by us!!!!

Amazing how brave you get when you don;t have to foot the bill for a £200 CPU and board

6. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Last edited: 20 Jul 2011
  7. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

I would have liked to be there. I was invited but the next day was the last exam of my Computer Science degree.

8. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

Indeed - when it's not your hardware you just find yourself turning everything up to 11...although there was the threat of being disqualified should you actually fry anything!

Last edited: 19 Jul 2011
  9. borandi

borandi What's a Dremel?

Pretty hard to fry a 2600K unless you're putting 1.6V through it without sufficient cooling.

Official 2600K + 560 Ti rankings are here: link

10. K404

K404 It IS cold and it IS fast

That does look AWESOME.

There was a similar event in Spain.... a group of guys with OC experience, but not sub-zero, had an LN2 mini-competition across 4 benchmarks... great way to introduce people to it :D

11. Tattysnuc

Nice write ups. Was going to do something similar myself, but I've left it and left it, and now I can't remember all the sequences of events that I wanted to note.

Carrying a Sabertooth and Asus Triton Cpu cooler on National Express is no less "fun" :) amazed that they got back in one piece. Now all I need to do is get the board swapped for a B3 revision one.... Doh!!!

12. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

wish I got to go, we could have had a team full of Rogers then :(

13. Bob Andersson

Bob Andersson What's a Dremel?

It was a good day. I wasn't going to mention it but in the light of your receiving a non-B3 revision board as a prize I might as well chip in (sic) and note that there was no CPU socket cover on my Socket 1156 Maximus III Gene motherboard. That tells me the board was used and may well have been abused. Wasn't expecting a fantastic prize, especially given our lowly last place in the CPU section :blush:, but I sort of get the feeling that Asus may not have been quite so generous with its prizes as it first appeared. :nono:

It was still a good day, though, and if memory serves one of the competition winners actually travelled all the way from Ireland to be there. :clap:

Bob.

14. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Thanks and LOL, can't believe it was a B2 revision board, I'm sure it'll be swapped no problem, My Crosshair III didn't have a soundcard, but Asus are getting back to me today about sorting it out :)

15. Ripitup121

Ripitup121 MMMMMMm watercooling....

Have to say it was savage to be there guys. Flew over from Ireland that mornign and it was well worth it. Made some great friends and bagged some sweet gear (Rog board and gtx465)

Thanks to Bit-tech and Asus for letting us experiance such a cool event and getting to talk to you all.

16. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

Watching that video brought back some memories, green recruits turning up for basic at the crack of dawn, my pals in the squad, Psycho, Eightball, Bumfluff and Doc J, sitting through the political indoctrination, then shipped off to the Nam, great days...

17. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Fantastic, so when we having the next one :)

18. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

Looks like it was an awesome day had by all.

19. Buck_Rogers25

Buck_Rogers25 Minimodder

Thanks again to Asus and the Bit team for putting the day on, was bloody good fun.

20. Bob Andersson

Bob Andersson What's a Dremel?

To the credit of all concerned Asus have now agreed to replace my motherboard. Can't say fairer than that. :)

Bob.

Tags: Add Tags