1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2018 thread - Season Over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 26 Nov 2017.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I never understood what motivated Williams to say that, way to scare off the sponsors.

On a different note:
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/alonso-and-mclaren-will-return-to-the-indy-500/
    Calling it now: Mclaren gearing up for a full time Indy entry in the next three years. Wonder if Honda will sell them an engine...

On yet another note, Seb's Princess Stampy Foot routine is getting seriously old. Self important twonk.

Last edited: 10 Nov 2018
  2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I assume they wanted us to be thankful that they bother to turn up as grid filler material, although I don't see that whole "garner sympathy for the poor underdog" strategy working, just ask the dozens of other teams that came and went over the years.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I think it was to distract away from the 'pay driver' situation...

'Oh no it's not the drivers that suck... it's us... they're here on merit and not because of deep pockets... honest...'

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

25k wow what a punishment, that's like fining me 5 quid.

You have lost deal with it.

I really started to like vettel, he become a fun guy but is now letting himself down.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Heads up to all who don't have sky sports - Sky are showing the Brazilian GP on Sky One today.

No good to me - I ditched Sky completely, but it might save a few of you from hunting for a live stream.

adidan and The_Crapman like this.
  6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Brilliant. On my own today so I get some alone time with my true love
    [​IMG]
    Just look at that notebook action. Come to papa :naughty:

David likes this.
  7. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Awesome race up until Ocon decided to be a 3rd Mercedes driver. Mercedes better pay any fees Williams is asking for the seat after this race.

8. David

Oh, please. What a bunch of tripe.

He was faster at that point and has the right to unlap himself - Max did his best to force him onto the run-off when he could've left some room and still complete the move. I don't want an F1 where drivers are afraid to fight their own race - one of the highlights of F1 history was Eddie Irvine unlapping himself against Senna, who was so incensed and entitled that he ended up punching Irvine afterwards.

9. faugusztin

Unlap ? Sure. But as he was the driver a lap behind, he has to do it safely. That is why he also got the second harshest penalty available to stewards. What he did is risky even in when fighting for direct position, you certainly can't do what he did when unlapping, and hitting the leading drivers make it even worse.

10. David

Oh, so you've backed off the stupid accusation that he was intenionally doing Merc and Lewis a solid?

11. fix-the-spade

Maybe don't slow down in front of your old nemesis who is losing his job in two weeks time through no fault of his own?

But yes, a rare moment of twonk-itis from Mr Occon. It made the race more interesting though, so not all bad.

12. faugusztin

Sarcasm, hyperbole is not in your vocabulary ? I guess i should use that /s tag when posting.

13. David

Yeah, wrap it up however you like.

Most people seem to missing the obvious - if the positions were reversed Max would be doing exactly the same thing, only his mindset would be "he has more to lose than me", and try and bully his way around. The same no prisoners approach he uses all the time and, to be fair, very effectively against the Ferraris earlier in this race - they still had a wafer thin chance of taking the WCC to the last race, based on their expected pace, and would have no appetite for tangling wheels.

14. The_Crapman

Whilst I think Ocon had every right to unlap himself, I do think he was at fault and made a stupid decision. Once Max was in front into the corner, he should have let him go then got him down the straight as he had him for straight-line speed and would get better traction out the corner on softer tyres. If that was for position, with Max half a car in front, Ocon would have got penalised. We've seen that scenario in races this year.

Then just saw his interview in the pit with Sky, he seemed happy he'd cost Max his win and referenced their old rivalry, almost like he did intentionally cause he had nothing to lose. Having just said what a shame to lose him next year, he goes and shows why people might not want him.

Edit: bit of handbags afterwards

Last edited: 11 Nov 2018
  15. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Ocon was in the wrong but then again why didn't max just let him past, it had no bearing on his race. I suppose having a back marker in front could have slowed him down and put him in reach of Lewis but it looked like ocon had the pace and would have just driven off.

Also I don't understand why max hasnt received some sort of penalty for his pathetic pushy pushy behaviour, he has done way worse on track and no one got semi violent with him. It's along the lines of bringing the sport into disrepute and not really something I want to see from a so called professional.

Future world champion very likely, likeable world champion, not so much.

16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Indeed, Max had everything to lose, so he had no reason to drive defensively against someone from the support race.
    Unnecessary risks and all that.

17. fix-the-spade

I don't see Max ever being champion, he is very fast, but he's almost done 100 races now and he still does something stupid at some point most weekends. Add the pressure of the championship and he'll start Vetteling his way out of contention.

On the note of his behaviour, it's probably a good thing he didn't drive in the 80s, Mansell would have bounced his head off a door frame.

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

All Max had to do was let Ocon past and then blue-flag back past him next time around.

19. The_Crapman

Max probably didn't want him infront with ocon's wake disrupting his tyres. Max could have let him past but shouldn't have to yeald to a lapped car as though he was being lapped. He got in front and had the right of way. I'm convinced Ocon wanted a collision and not for any Merc conspiracy theory, just because he doesn't like Max and is pissed and not having a drive next year.

I think they've been called to the stewards about the handbags. Max will probably be fined threepence and banned from reading the Beano for 2 weeks.

20. fix-the-spade

https://www.planetf1.com/news/verstappen-given-public-service-order-for-ocon-push/

Community service! I didn't know the FIA even had such penalties in it's power, that's truly brilliant. Now we just need some photos of him sweeping rubbish in a hi-vis tabard.

The_Crapman likes this.