1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well that was inevitable.

Get out of my way
    No YOU get out of my way
    NO YOU Oh bloody hell...

stonedsurd likes this.
  2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I guess Hamilton should start looking around himself in the remainder of the season, considering we now know that pushing out the opponent into a gravel pit means only a 5 second penalty and punting out your opponent means only a 10 second penalty.

Omnislip likes this.
  3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Well that ending was more interesting than things initially suggested after the restart.

Bit bummed the McOranges couldn't keep up after the stops though...

4. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Racing was great, but I am burnt to a crisp :(
    (7am to 5:30pm in the sun)

5. rollo

rollo Modder

This was guaranteed to happen since race 1 in the season, each time Lewis would back out, this time neither did results are guaranteed.

listening to Horner cry is worth the price of tv though

6. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Horner was an embarrassment in the post race interviews.

Bazz likes this.
  7. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Was it a dicey move? - yes
    Was it worthy of a penalty? - yes
    Did Hamilton demonstrate later in the race that overtaking at Copse is totally possible to do without a crash? - yes
    Did Hamilton get caught up in the crowd hype when he should have perhaps been more respectful of how he won the race? - yes

Whilst the crash was scary fast the move itself wasn't 'dangerous' (anymore than F1 racing is inherently dangerous). Replays show him alongside on the straight - he obviously then slows down to make the corner but max turns in (reasonably so) which result is what looks like a dive up the inside (which it wasn't). Ultimately because the crash was so scary the internet then wants Hamilton's head. If Max had just run wide a bit then the discussion would be over already (kind of like how Leclerc went wide at the exact same spot when Lewis passed him).

Racing is scary, accidents will happen, shame that we didn't get to see Max and Lewis battle it out for longer. RB (or rather Christian Horner) will always be salty even if it was their fault.

Hamilton (in hindsight) will probably wish he hadn't celebrated quite so hard after winning whilst his main rival is in hospital but the crowds reaction probably got the better of him (understandable).

enbydee likes this.
  8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

if roles were reversed everyone, with horner loudest amongst them, would be lauding verstappen for his ballsy no-quarter-given overtaking

David likes this.
  9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

No driver will ever get anywhere in F1 by being Mr Nice-Guy. Ok you go first, I'll try again later, just won't cut it.

Ayrton Senna was very 'forceful' and is regarded by many as the best driver in the history of F1.

10. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Absolutely sickened by the racist hatred spreading across the net targeted at Hamilton, regardless of how people feel about the crash it's just beyond vile.

11. rollo

rollo Modder

Aint that the truth

Horner does himself no favours with the previous incidents where lewis had to back out to avoid a accident

Perez is worse than bottas lets be blunt, Bottas at least always there to pick up as requried

Perez last few races has been AWOL

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

To be fair yesterday he had two good reasons to suck...

1: He was the only one on a two stop strategy
    2: He was forced to surrender the point or two he could have gotten after overcoming that massive strategy deficit because spiting Lewis over fastest lap was more important to Horner than Perez finishing in the points

Of course that doesn't excuse his terrible performance in quali and the sprint, just saying it ain't always as simple as the crap results for Perez suggest.

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

*Puts on tinfoil hat*
    I honestly think Perez' car had some kind of fault on Saturday. At that speed the car is basically glued to the ground yet somehow Perez managed to dump the throttle like he was doing a burnout. That points to an ECU or hybrd delivery problem to me, it seems more likely to me than Perez just standing on the throttle like an idiot.
    *takes off hat*

Anyway, I don't think that should even have been a penalty. Verstappen's entire MO is to dive into the corner and hope the other guy gets out of the way. Even on lap 1 that was the third (fourth?) time he'd slammed the door on Hamilton, sooner or later he was going to do it in a way that Hamilton either couldn't or wouldn't get out of the way fast enough. Everyone fawns over Max and Lewis when they roll the dice like that, it's inevitable that it will go wrong sooner or later.

Horner need to stop his whining, if Maxs punts someone off the track later in the year (as he surely will) he'll live to regret his bellyaching.

14. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I've felt a little disappointed when team principles have left or been removed, especially ones with character, but good god I definitely won't shed a tear when Horner finally goes.

Last edited: 19 Jul 2021
  15. RedFlames

I don't think many tears will be shed across F1 if/when Horner or Marko leave the sport.

RBR imo seem to have outdone Ferrari as the biggest dicks in F1.

16. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

I don't understand why so called fans can't be as reasonable as this.

The mood perhaps wasn't helped by RBR alumni David Coulthard and Mark Webber. Why C4 had to have Horner on repeatedly before the end of the race for his former employees to give him a soapbox was a bit bizarre. I said last season they were running PR for Albon so at least they're consistent I guess.

17. RedFlames

Webber happily let RBR treat him like a doormat for years so him not mustering a critical word of them is not surprising.

Plus as you said, they're former employees of RBR/Horner's [i think, nor sure on the former part] so it's and easy in for C4/Whisper Films

18. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Hold an auction between Bezos, Musk and Branson to decide who gets to shoot Horner into space, use proceeds of said auction to get Mazeturd out of F1, simples.

Mr_Mistoffelees and Spraduke like this.
  19. RedFlames

Only if we can launch Bezos, Melon and Beardy into the sun along with them.

Anfield likes this.
  20. RedFlames

pretends to be shocked