1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard may cancel Battle.net marketplace

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Feb 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

They should just probably embrace a partnership with steam for all DLC?

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Would be nice but their publisher, Bobby Cocktik and his Activision chums won't give a penny to the competition. ;) The greedy **** will be stone cold before that happens.

4. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I was just going to say. Battle.net mixing it up with Steam would never happen, purely becaused ActiBlizz see Battle.net as a Steam competitor. They want to do the same thing.

It already is basically the same, except it is restricted to Blizzard games. Once they reckon they can take on Steam at its own game (namely, selling games from lots of developers and taking a cut of the profits), don't be surprised if they announce they will be doing exactly that.

5. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Yet games from battle.net are very expensive compared to going in store or amazon and buying them. £45 is it for cataclysm considering the 4.0 patch is where the game was and the disc just unlocked it. The only reason I like battle.net is the fact it let me install wow on my netbook without the need for a disc drive. I also though blizz banned any form of modding? Either way, since they became activision bitches their service has been ****. I won't rant on about their random accusations of suspicious activities or the numerous times their servers have been down. Is it any surprise that blizz are cutting features after activisons current run? The problem isn't new ideas, they're just to retarded to code them, hence the endless dribble of copy paste formula they produce.

6. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Activision barely have any control over Blizzard.

7. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

How about not care if another player rips off another? WC3 was notorious for that yet it all worked wonderfully.

8. Ahadihunter1

Ahadihunter1 What's a Dremel?

I don't understand.... they have the amount of money island of fiji makes... and they can't "handle" the situation?

Tags: Add Tags