1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Borderlands 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jamsand, 21 Sep 2012.

1. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Hmm maybe I didn't pick up good enough weapons then. Foes are taking a long time to go down with my sniper rifle whereas in the first playthrough they were going down one-shot. Flynt took 27 rpg's and his shields were still up.

I need to get to Sanctuary in this playthrough so I can use one of my tokens. Got to get past Flynt first though and I have no money!!

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

What level are you and what's the damage of your sniper?

I'm lvl 32 and my sniper is just shy of 2K damage, but I have developed the left side of Zero's skill tree and I get crazy crit damage of more than 1000% (yep, more than 10x weapon damage).

I have yet to reach Flynt so time will tell...

3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I am about the same. but my left tree isn't so developed. I am going to have to scrape around for some cash and try Flynt again - at the moment it would be impossible to beat him without ammo!

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The one thing I learned about TVHM. You need to farm for weapons almost every 2 levels. 5 Levels later the damage stats increase to the point where obsolescence is obscene. Ableit it's not so bad where 5 level down purples will be useless, but there will be a noticeable jump.

That's the difference for TVHM. It's difficult only because the health inflation gets to points of hilarity.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Picked up a level 49 22k per shot assault riffle the other day with acid proc it's fun dmg

New dlc is pretty mental as well

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Yep. And it's worth checking out the vending machines too... I got a very nice scoped sniper recently which does 2600 damage and also has +30% damage credential. It's "only" white but it's better than any weapons I'm getting from loot.

For some reason I'm getting really crappy loot in terms of guns but very nice shields and grenade mods.

7. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I finally beat Flynt -

the secret was chucking out a load of kunai knives (I am Zero) at him!

It's a long slog to Sanctuary in this play through!

8. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Finished with this for the time being now after completing TVHM at the weekend and getting to level 50 with Maya. Really enjoyed it and will be getting all the DLC once they raise the level cap.

It's been fun but farming
    The Warrior
    just to try and get legendary items really doesn't float my boat.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

Could always play slots

10. TrevDX

Yep but if I see another Vladof Sickle customisation skin again I might do something I regret ;)

(also I have Dishonoured to play and want X-Com also)

11. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Hahaha! +1 to that! I've had 100's of them as well. There's something addictive about those machines though. Anyone ever got 3x borderlands logo or 3x bells? That's the only 2 I haven't had, I assume one gives legendaries or something?

12. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I once got the vladof sickle skins 4 times in a row :sigh:

I have got the 3 bells several times, it is only cash though.
    Can't say I got any particularly amazing stuff from the slot in general aside from the eridium (currently maxed out at 99).
    the number of times I've had 2 borderlands (vault) symbols and a bandit head or bell is ridiculous and very frustrating, I really want more orange weapons.

In the second playthrough you begin to encounter the one-armed bandit enemy type who have a slot machine on their back, I believe that has a higher drop rate than those in sanctuary.

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have had legendary drops from Warrior farms with higher leveled player co op.

Im going to do a 2nd HM playthrough soon.

Still my favourite game of the year so far.

14. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I wish I had people to play the game with, i bought it on xbox as that is where a majority of my friends play., a couple of them also bought it and we played for a bit when schedules allowed.

Unfortunately then Fifa came out and they haven't touched borderlands since.

15. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Incidentally I actually prefer both this and the first Borderlands as a single player game. Co-op is great fun but I much prefer doing it by myself at my own pace.

16. TrevDX

I've played through it on Xbox and my siren was done completely in co-op. I have got a single player character and have no problems with SP but to play with people that know what they're doing (I've run in to quite a few people in public games that just don't know what they're supposed to be doing that it's a bit scary) I think it's great fun.

17. Digi

This can be both good and bad. You're right that some people either a) rush through everything 'cos they seen it before/don't care about story or.. b) don't have a clue and may as well be running into the walls.
    However, you receive better loot through co-op so I find it's nice to play a mix of both and you can always go back and do the side quests and so forth after. Not to mention you can just leave if they're idiots.

I play with people I know though so no worries there.. :thumb:

18. rollo

rollo Modder

Borderlands 2 scaling on weps is high

46 weps maybe do 4-6k snipers and rockets 12k 30-60k respectively
    48 weps do 8k+ snipers are over 20k rockets reach 100k
    50 weps seen over 20k on normal weps snipers approaching 40k rockets at 150k

Insane scaling

Even with a 20k sniper a headshot for half a mil dmg does not kill most standard mobs with shields

19. TrevDX

20. Digi

DAMN YOU! I'm at work already.. :(