1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 3 Feb 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

On the console version you can just goto the Settings and change the time of day, also, viewing the junction on the map (presuming you've gone past it already) will give you the details about what car to use.

3. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

why on earth is there no LAN multiplayer mode? I'd really enjoy playing something like this at LANparties or against Roommates, but we dont have the bandwidth on tap to all go through the net.

4. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

i had trouble spotting the difference on low and high graphics settings from your screenshots, but if you look to the right hand side, the texture pattern on the mountain changes, but then if they are being clever that might different as the cloud movement is different in both pictures.

aside from that it looks good.

peace

fatman

5. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

Why do racing game reviews increasingly mention being best on a joypad, and seem to never mention a wheel? EG, I've got a Logitech MOMO, a great wheel. Will it even work with this game? Is the menu system so designed that I'd be better playing with a 360 pad rather than a wheel? I doubt it, decent race games are always better with a decent wheel that's been calibrated well.

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

What? No LAN mode!?!?! Please tell me you are joking! A game is no fun if the person sitting behind you doesn't turn around and punch you mid game.

7. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

No Lan play? That's dumb.

Can anyone say anything about the performance fo the game. I'm sitting here with my single core opty and a 7600gt.

8. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

I'm quite tempted to buy this (again) but i'm certainly waiting for it to be released on steam though (if they do)

9. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

The Ultimate Box is also coming out for PS3. Not sure when but I'm definitely getting it. It must be soon because on the Playstation Store the price for Burnout Paradise dropped to $20 instead of $30.

Is the Ultimate Box coming out for 360?

10. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Ultimate box is out for the consoles on Friday I believe, the downloadable content is also available on Friday

11. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

hmm I have been waiting for this, now to wait until Im not poor anymore to buy a copy lol

12. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

does that mean we have to wait until thursday next week to get it on playstation, or is sony actually going to update the store on a day that isn't thursday?
    nvm, we get it thursday over here :p

Last edited: 4 Feb 2009
  13. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

Geek! Good point though. Im still trying to get hold of one for LFS. I just find that almost all racing games are very casually marketed and the joypad is the epitome of casual. I seccond this "review with a wheel" notion!

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i want to try this with my g25. place your bets as to what breaks first, the wheel or my wrists :p

15. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I love the Burnout series. Very fun and entertaining games. What's better than driving cars at high speed, crashing into other cars than blowing yours up to take their out lol. Awesome arcady fun.

16. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

On the PS3 version you can use the SixAxis motion sensor to steer with the controller like a wheel - it's actually surprisingly good that way, with just the right sensitivity! Using the WTR (F1 racer) is even almost realistic given the similar size and almost shape of the "wheel". The only problem is that there appears to be NO way to get into the Options dialog menu to enable motion sensor controlling without starting an online game first! The "Options" just simply isn't there in the Easy Drive at all except for in an online game! :-/

Tags: Add Tags