1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Californication

Discussion in 'General' started by herbs, 17 Oct 2007.

1. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Has anyone seen this? with David Duchovny starring as Hank Moody. I have to say its one of the best things on at the moment, the first episode had me laughing and smirking from the start. I must admit if you are easily offended then I would give this one a wide birth it has all the bad stuff in it i.e swearing, sex, and smoking.
    Read more about it here.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I keep meaning to and I caught a bit of an episode on 5-US the other night too >_< It looks really good - I like DD doing wierd roles.

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I meant to catch this... I'll have a looksee. It did look pretty cool.

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It really didn't interest me at all. It's trying to be sex and the city with 'wacky' scenarios from as much as I could be bothered to gather.

5. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I've been watching this for the last couple of months and love it to bits, witty, well written and well acted.
    Duchovny is great in the lead role.

6. Lee @ Scan

Lee @ Scan Scan Computers

I too have seen this and it's cracking :)

Wait till you see his "interview" on the radio - I was crying laughing at how brutally honest that rant was :)

7. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

One of the best new shows this season, superbly written and Duchovny isn't a completely useless in the role. I don't know what is going on in the states at the minute but all of a sudden America is producing good dark comedy, this and Dexter being the two stand out winners.

8. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

It's a great show. David is perfect for the role. Natascha McElhone is also pretty good. The show just has a raw feel to it that keeps me coming back for more. Some of the quips in the show are just so brutally funny.

The last episode was hilarious
    what with David's ex-whatever and his agent's wife walking in on their threesome

9. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Love it. I don't watch it very often because it's not broadcast at convenient times, but it's a witty show.

10. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

It's enjoyable, mostly because it fills the Duchovny void left after the X-Files ended.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Honest to god, Joe, you don't know a good thing if it was cast from your own and hit in your face. In fact, because you never played Golden Eye your judgments are clearly invalid.

This is an awesome show. Proper, proper awesome.

Shame it's only 12 episodes.

12. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Just wait until the episode "The Devils Threesome", brilliant.

13. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

No! It is a good thing. Not only is it easier on the bandwidth, it puts less pressure on the writers to come up with new stuff for every episode in the season, thus the funnies are more concentrated and of better quality. Shows like Heroes and Lost suffer horribly from having 20+ episode seasons. You watch dexter Bindi, you know that show would have sucked if it had been picked up by someone like fox and forced to have the usual 24 episodes.

14. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Season finale is tonight! T-21 minutes

Tags: