1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Call of Juarez: The Cartel Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 15 Mar 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Hmm, looks like they should have stuck with the proper Western setting, although it seems like a lot of the stuff i didn't like in the second game has got worse in the 3rd (too many cut-scenes and 'on-the-rails' type action).

The first game was fun because of the level of freedom you had at times in moving around the environment and looked great in DX10. Shame to see it go down this route.

Oh well, maybe dead island will be better.

3. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Such a shame, I really enjoyed the first game, second one was good as well. Rev. Ray in the first game is pretty much the definition of badass. And exploring eagle mountain was really cool.

4. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

Boo, I liked the western setting. They should have improved on it instead of making yet another modern aged game. I much prefer games that take me out of the current age to explorer other ages, universes. Modern Age = getting real boring

5. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Sounds like a must-buy! ;)

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Was (and still am) a massive fan of the first 2 games, especially the first after the patches adding in the bow and arrow earlier on in the game.
    Real pity to see it all thrown away :/

7. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

call of the console gamer

8. VaLkyR-Assassin

VaLkyR-Assassin Minimodder

I already had major doubts about the game before reading this preview, now it just sounds truly awful. I'd love to know what idiot decided to mess things up so much, as it is fair to say they'll be sacked after the game bombs.

9. LedHed

LedHed What's a Dremel?

This looks like utter **** compared to the series. Who gave these guys the keys?

10. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

In about 5 years time we'll find out that actually the real Call of Juarez 3 was only released in Mexico and they rebranded a different game to release in the rest of the world because "it was deemed too difficult for everyone else". The first time we'll ever see the real deal is when they release Call of Juarez All-Stars on a next-gen console...

Tags: Add Tags