1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Chelsea fans boo'ed/sang through the minute's silence!?

Discussion in 'General' started by numanoid, 16 Apr 2012.

1. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Would not expect much from football fans to be honest. I will stick to being a rugby fan.

sent from HTC Sensation

2. burnoutuk

burnoutuk What's a Dremel?

While it was wrong for them to boo/sing during the minutes silence I also think it was wrong for the minutes silence to be for anything other than Morosini.

The anniversary of Hillsborough need only be observed by Liverpool.

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Using that theory, only the Italians should have had the minutes silence.

The silence was to remember those that died.

4. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

So there's been a minute's silence for every FA Cup semi-final since 1989 has there?

No, there hasn't. This is just another example of the bandwagonning of football nowadays. It's got less to do with remembering the dead and learning lessons from tragedies than it has to do with increasing the amount that football permeates through society in an effort to maximise its earning potential from advertising revenue.

Hence the same embarrassing bandwaggoning last November when the England football team decided, 93 years after the end of WW1, to start to include the poppy on the kit for a match in November.

Anything that gets the media and public talking about a footballing event gets exploited by the football establishment (and anyone else looking to jump on the back of something with popular support) for this purpose nowadays imo.

5. burnoutuk

burnoutuk What's a Dremel?

I'm sorry but if we're playing that game we'll be holding a minutes silence every Match.
    Morosini's passing was recent and as is usual practice a minutes silence was held throughout Football.

Do all clubs hold a minutes silence on the 29th of May? or how about the 20th of September? (If I remember rightly Liverpool requested not to hold that one at all).

(directed at Mars-bar-Man)

6. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Justice? Don't make me laugh, all the silence from here to eternity will not bring an ounce of justice to the families who lost loved ones at Hillsborough, nor will it bring any justice to the families of Juventus supporters who were killed by Liverpool thugs at Heysel.

I'm old enough to remember both and quite frankly, when I heard what had happened at Hillsborough, I wasn't surprised that Liverpool fans had killed other Liverpool fans.

Justice? The very idea that you're using such a word disgusts me.

7. alf-

alf- Minimodder

I find the whole minutes silence idea to be cheesy and pointless.

I can't help but think if people need to set aside a minute each anniversary to reflect on an event, they probably don't care that much.
    And i dare say the vast majority of people will carry on with their lives not giving Hillsborough another thought until the next anniversary comes around.

Next time you have a minutes silence, consider how many people will die of starvation in that time, estimates say around 17, sorta makes the death of 96 decades ago rather moot.

Last edited: 16 Apr 2012
  8. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

For sure... and moot too ;)

Last edited: 16 Apr 2012
  9. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

I know a number of ex-forces who are quite clear on the matter. Though many of them also are confused about the use of the silence for an increasingly wide scope of bereavement.

10. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

Whilst perhaps not appropriate in all circumstances. I find the minutes applause more apt for remembrance or a tribute, particularly for individuals who have made a contribution to the sport or your club.

11. fev

fev Industry Fallout

The entire Liverpool sob story bores me, yes it's a tragic accident but it's been and gone. There's no justice to be served.

You don't see a minutes silence for Potters Bar, which again could have been avoided.

12. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I did'nt think it would take long till it turned ugly :D

13. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

What happened to "Corporate Whore"?

14. fev

fev Industry Fallout

Joined a happier retailer ;)

stonedsurd likes this.
  15. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Liverpool should refuse to play on the 29th May, you know when they crushed Juventus fans (Then they crushed their own fans again in 89).

Sure, there were problems with the police, and the stadium at Hillsborough, but Liverpool fans never place any tiny bit of the blame upon themselves. Storming a stadium with masses of people is only going to have one outcome. They should have stayed out of the way and thought to themselves what was going to happen.

16. numanoid

numanoid Modder

You know what, your talking Bo**ocks, it wasn't liverpool fans killing liverpool fans it actualy states that in the Taylor Report they found "the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control who opened certain gates when they shouldn't have.. But of course you know best....96 innocent people died and their families want the people responsible to be held accountable for their actions, or lack of.To be honest i think you are a fu**ing disgrace coming out with a comment like that...absalutely disgusting

17. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

If we're going to debate whether or not justice is to be had, or who is responsible, let's all at least try to keep it civil. :)

18. Pieface

Pieface Modder

You should re-read the quote from the Taylor Report. The MAIN reason, not the ONLY reason. Jesus christ.

To be honest, I think you're a bit of a normal Liverpool fan, who will forget Heysel, but will remember Hillsborough. Heck, I just hope you're not the type of fan who'd get all mad at Hillsborough, and then chant Munich or something else.

19. fev

fev Industry Fallout

Know any of them personally?
    Did any of them make sure we kept our way of life?
    Do you wear a poppy when they're around?

20. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Know any of them personally?
    Did any of them make sure we kept our way of life?
    Do you wear a poppy when they're around?

Oh i read it alright, yes i knew a few of them, and for your information i dont chant munich...you know what...to hell with you, listening to your comments you wouldn't know respect if it bit you on the *ss...just dont bother replying, im wound up enough.....oh and yes i do wear a poppy

DeadP1xels likes this.