1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooler Master Mystique 632 Black

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 Aug 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. [1N0V471V]

[1N0V471V] What's a Dremel?

Good review :thumb: but I have to say the looks are not for me.

Being a V2000 owner anything else is sub-standard

3. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

£90!, I'd rather spend that on a nice Lian Li.

But I'm happy with my Aerocool Bay Dream for now, cant go wrong for £35 :)

4. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

At first glance I would have thought that the doors would be servo operated, I guess a little modding can make that happen though. Nice case and great review.

5. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

pah.. case doors.

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I just got one of these, from the same dealer too! :thumb:

Regarding the Coolermaster, it seems to me that if you do use the top mounted I/O ports,
    your cables would keep getting caught the right hand door. :duh:

7. 1e8o

1e8o What's a Dremel?

Those doors are superrr B :rock:

and I can put my 4 hdd's in one place, that rocks too.

Maybe this will be my next case. :D :D

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Just looking through the pics of that case in the reveiw and reading what was said about it, I got thinking about the Coolermaster ATC-201 I have owned for years and I use as my main system case. Is it me or has the build quality from coolermaster decreased a little in the past couple of years?

I ask this as things like the fitted fans in mine all had wire grills on them inside and out and the blanking plates were all screw in (with smooth edges I might add). It has a removable motherboard tray and although there is room for 6 hard drives in the bays, only 4 are mounted as to give room for proper airflow from the intakes on the front.

Ok so I paid in the region of £140 for it over 3 years ago and it didn't include things like cooling ducts or windows (I wish I could find a replacement blank panel for mine) but I still get the feeling that it is put together a lot better than the newer cases from them.

Although all things said, it does look kinda nice and those sideways mounted hard drives are going to be a hell of a lot easier to get at than mine.

9. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

I have to agree, the build quality has gone down hill, the thing is, case companies don't always seem to make the classis for thier cases, they all run of one barbone design and adapt it to whatever the company wants. I had some cheapo "sunbeam" case which has the exact same chassis as one of the low end CM cases, like they just make the side panels and front plate.

But I suppose if you willing to shell out more then you'd get the nice things like all Alu chassis and folded edges, removable mobo trays .etc I'd assume these chassis's are made by CM like the Wavemaster and the new Stacker as they are alot more unique.

Though being a Lian Li V2000 owner I could never go back to a cheap case. Ever.

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

I use a stacker at home, it's pretty expensive, but you get what you pay for, IMO. :)

11. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

I disagree with the suggestion that Coolermaster's quality has gone downhill. I purchased a Wavemaster when it came out and the quality was very good,and it was even used in some top gaming computer vendors products. Now I use the Stacker 830 and this thing is full to the brim with great features and the same great quality as the Wavemaster, with greater innovations. I do not think for one moment that the new case is worse than the old one, and both were/are at the top of their range at their time.

12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I was talking in more of a comparison between the cases being produced now and the almost hand finished feel that my 4 year old 201 has, I have had a look around the insides of a couple of the newer cases and found a fair few things that would make me think twice about them, I guess I have just been spoiled by the one I have now.

13. Tim S

Tim S OG

The 201 is more comparable to the Stacker 830 - the Mystique is much much cheaper than the 201 was when I bought one (I seem to remember paying over £230 for it in 2001...)

The build quality in the stacker is pretty incredible, IMHO. The only downside is that is a bit of dust hoarder.

14. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

me does not like poor air flow :( me does not like orange door thing :( :( me does not like FRIKIN VERTICAL USB PORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( but i do like the way the door opens :D

15. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

I think it looks swanky :D

16. koola

koola Minimodder

Not impressed with this latest offering. My money would go straight on a Lian Li PC7 Plus and I would still have £30 left!!!

17. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

I saw that first picture of the door and immediately thought "Oh em gee fugly!"... that plastic orange thing... ugh

18. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

I think it looks pretty cool TBH. Did you by any chance check that orange plastic under a black light? Having UV-reactive stuff on a case always increases the cool factor, and that orange bit looks like you could mod a few LEDs behind it fairly easily.

19. RTT

RTT #parp

I've seen this case in the flesh. If you don't mind the doors then you'll be happy with it :)

20. sl1xx

sl1xx What's a Dremel?

im likin that case ! not likint he price tho i htink you are really only paying for the name with this ill probly wait a good while untill it goes down in price,the whole no swrews needed for dvd-roms,hdds etc i just love and seeing a quad sli set up init i can tell there is plenty of room.

myself im actually likin the fact that it dosent have loads of fans because noise is starting to become an issue with me and i think 2x120 mm fans will do imo.

Tags: Add Tags