1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Corsair announces 'most efficient' AX1500i PSU

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 8 Jan 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Given the move towards energy efficiency by Blue, Green and (to a certain extent) Red, I'd be surprised if a PSU like this was ever really put under pressure. Fanless <450W is a great move though.

3. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

with a 7 year warranty you can't argue about the price

4. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

'When we released the AX1200i, the world’s first digital ATX PSU, we defined the new standard for PSU performance, efficiency, and customisation,' boasted Aaron Neal, product manager of PSUs at Corsair, at the unveiling. 'Now with the AX1500i's evolved digital architecture we've raised the bar again, creating the most efficient and technically advanced PSU available for the uncompromising PC enthusiast.'

Erm, the 1200i is one of the worst high-end PSUs on the market. Horrible whine from most units, and a lot of people were making them trip over with 3 card configurations that the previous AX1200 would handle with ease. If this one is still no longer made by Seasonic I'd be interested to see what else has changed.

5. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Erm I have the AX1200i and can't fault it at all I get no horrible Whine and the PSU is very stable, will be interesting to see how good or bad this one is.

YEHBABY likes this.
  6. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Even though it's only an 860 I get no whine from mine even on crossfire