1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Cyberpower Hyper Liquid Ultra RTX PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 23 Jul 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

GPU looks like it's got a fair bit of sag which they could have fixed in a few ways, wiring on that rear fan is awful draggin it across the rear io cover, i wouldn't be happy with a single 45mm thick rad (the cheaper classic one too) to cool a 5950X and 3080Ti, especially with a really poor fan choice in Cooler Master MF120 Halo (47cfm, 1.6mmH2O, 30dB). Would be really interested in what long run temps look like, cpu, gpu and coolant. Also what fan curve they had it set up on; whether they'd left it completely stock on the motherboard to control, noobed it on cpu or gpu temp or if they have a temp sensor for the coolant and controlled off that, which is how any custom loo[p should be set up.

3. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

I’m very surprised to see those AirPlus bags inside it. I always though a water cooled PC would be shipped with stiffer foam, nicely seated everywhere, and snuggled up to the tubing and components?

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

They use coloured coolant to force the use of a specific colour scheme but then just left the AaahhhRgB in Rainbow Vomit mode? LoL.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Isn't that the really dodgy motherboard? or have they revised it?

6. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Yes it is one of the MSI X570 boards from before they launched the Unify / Tomahawk to fill in the gap below the Ace (basically anything below £300).

This system really should have had at least the Tomahawk in it, if not the Unify (Ace without RGB) - if sticking with MSI at least.

Additionally, did they really send all of the accessories in a completely different MB board box turned inside out of is that just because its a review unit?

For the price I would expect a bespoke accessories package tbh (possibly a minor gripe but a valid one considering the price).

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Looks nice*. Price is bonkers**.

*Individual tastes may vary.

**Politer colloquialism.

Would not buy. But then, not the target market.

8. rollo

rollo Modder

hoping some things like airbags and accessories in a different mobo box is a review thing, If not serious concerns about them shipping a nearly £5000 pc in one piece

9. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Massive air bubble in the tubing by the GPU.

Thats alot of dosh....

10. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

the fans were loud as ****. Temps weren't too bad but after doing the performance stuff and seeing the rest of the case there wasn't a massive amount of use in doing the rest.
    Although they used the plastic bags there were in there tight. When trying to take them out for testing I'd personally be fine with how tight they were. The issue with the foam would be them pushing out the tubes when expanding I guess.
    They got back to us about that and it's going to be fixed.
    Due to scheduling when they sent us the PC they didn't have the new boards so they shipped it to us like this so we could still get the review done. The new motherboard arrived at their HQ 3 days after it left.
    I was a bit miffed by that as well tbh. Especially as the box they used wasn't even the same PSU as the one in the system.
    Yeah i managed to get all of the air out of the system before testing. Let me tell you. Bleeding a system that weighs that much is an absolute pain in the ass on your own.

monty-pup and Vault-Tec like this.
  11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I wonder if one of those "Vacuum bleed your brakes by yourself" gadgets could be adapted for use on a PC? :idea:

MLyons likes this.
  12. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

MLyons likes this.
  13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

MLyons likes this.
  14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I watched this last night, good video.

I hope to have another review of mine up on the site in a few days as well

IanW likes this.
Tags: Add Tags