1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Diablo 3 director defends always-online DRM

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Aug 2011.

1. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

" I believe many in the more traditional, core gaming audience are starting to become frustrated with the changes they’re seeing to their most beloved games. They say you can’t please all of the people all of the time and I think this is certainly true. Our belief is that we can perhaps better please some of the people most of the time by catering Grim Dawn more closely to the desires of that traditional, core audience (and ourselves).

So yeah, what are we doing that is unique? Moving backwards some might say…"

2. Bede

Bede Minimodder

There is an edit button if you wish to add things to your post, 3 posts in a row is a little unnecessary.

I am looking forward to Grim Dawn though :)

3. Magizi

Magizi What's a Dremel?

This is great coming from Blizzard, not only prevents cheaters from cloning items and hacking stats, etc, but also makes the game harder for piracy. Its good news for smaller studios because if Blizzard succeeds, they could also implement this kind of policy for their games and not succumb duo to piracy. How many great studios are gone because of financial problems caused by piracy. Also, more game developers would be drawn to PC gaming.

Although not all game developers have a little (awesome) thing called battle.net to support this.

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

No, no it really doesn't.
    Chances are the pirated versions will be on TPB before the retail versions hit the shelves. And it will probably be more stable.

I have cancelled my pre-order for D3, and seeing this latest development I can't say I regret that decision. However, Grim Dawn is looking awesome - it even looks to become what D3 and DS3 should have been. I'm very excited about it. Thanks for pointing it out people.

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Torchlight 2. That is all.

6. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Didn't know that, thanks :)

Tags: Add Tags