1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 2 Aug 2010.

1. J!n

J!n That's aperture science

Pre orderd from play 8 months ago but still paying about £35 for it.

But i was looking on my blizzard account today and noticed i was accepted into the beta and i have no idea how long its been on my account lol, the thing is i get alot of email scams possing as blizzard so always delete them all.

But glad i noticed im in the beta today played a hour on my own but think im really going to have to get into a group for this game to be any fun. Anyone else in the beta, maybe i could add you to my friends list.

2. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

Logged into Battle.net to so no beta, as usual, but a pre order link... £45!

Glad I pre ordered from Amazon 18 months ago as I'm paying £24 instead, result.

3. Igniseus

Igniseus What's a Dremel?

Similar for me too, I pre-ordered August 2010 from Amazon for £22.97 :D

adam_bagpuss likes this.
  4. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

+1 Igniseus thats exactly what i did

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

annual pass :D

6. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Well in theory it's hundreds of hours of gameplay (at least for me) potentially and paying 24 or 35 quid is really academic but I also would happily pay 45 quid knowing that there's no monthly fee's or hidden extras coming around the next corner.

I didn't of course. :p

7. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I'm strongly considering cancelling my pre-order, as I've just got into the Beta.

It's basically unplayable... it's laggy as hell, nothing feels smooth at all. It's also using the majority of my internet connection to play, which means I can't play for long periods or during the middle of the day without depriving everyone else in the house of a working connection.

So, always-on DRM = streaming huge chunks of the game?

8. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

i smell troll

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Time to throw out that 56k modem?

10. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

FYI: WoW (another Acti-Blizz IP) is able to stream the game (choppily) after the initial 1GB or so has been installed, and in the interim while you're playing, it downloads game data to complete your installation as well as streaming the data currently required by your client.

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be testing out that feature on the public beta of Diablo, if it were to be incorporated?

11. Yslen

Sorry, not trolling, I am just a bit annoyed at being unable to play this game. My internet connection (~2MB) handles any other game I play fine (I play LoL a lot, and some BF3 etc) with low ping.

I ran the download to completion before playing, but I suppose it could have been patching in the background without telling me, if it's designed to work that way... I guess also it is still in beta, so they could be trying all kinds of things out. I've been in a few public beta tests and never had issues actually playing the game before though, I thought the idea was that I get to try it out!

I'll see if it works any better in a couple of days, I guess, it won't even let me log in at the moment.

12. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Tbh....I've been on the beta....and I'm not addicted the way I was addicted to D2. Still going to buy it and give it a good go.

13. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

I preordered today... eep!

14. Yslen

I'm playing D2 and D3 at the moment (not simultaneously, you understand) and switching between the two has made me appreciate how good the changes they've made for D3 are.

I really like the new skill system!

Also - and you may have guessed this from the above comments - the game now works fine. I hope it's a lot more stable than it currently seems to be when it's fully released... I guess I was unlucky to start playing while it was less than playable for a few days.

15. Phillthy

Phillthy What's a Dremel?

I never played D2 (much to the annoyance of everyone it seems!) but I'm genuinely excited about Diablo 3, building a new system just to play it on! Been using a laptop for the past 4 years :s

16. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

17. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Well, what a pile of crap that was. I know it's a beta, but still, that is nowhere near ready to use, and the gameplay is just repetitive and tiresome after about fifteen minutes.

Oh well, bring on Torchlight 2.

18. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I see you trolling.. you hating..! Blizz have never released a dud and I don't expect them to start now. That's not fanboi talk, that's just fact. Clearly, this genre isn't for you, Torchlight 2 will be the same..

19. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Sorry Digi, but there's no trolling. I have Diablo I and II, and Torchlight. I'm a fan of the genre, and I've played every game from Blizzard bar Starcraft 2. They're not like they used to be, and I've noticed it has been their most recent offerings that are suffering. Not sure from what, but they don't play the same, and they don't feel it either.

As for whether the genre is or isn't for me, you're not really the one to say if it is or isn't, are you?

They might not be releasing "duds", but they sure as hell are missing the mark recently.

20. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I think its more about playing with friends too, that should at least double the enjoyment.