1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Doom (2016)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 3 Apr 2016.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

game is awesome.

I just got the biggest smile on my face running through the levels, sniper rifle is pretty nice.

Game didn't pick up native 4k to start with,
    other players can come up behind you and do MMA moves like side heal to the head, there is a baddy behind every corner lol,

pretty fun game, its approaching a 9 for me, I guess that has to come down to an 8 because its not got VR?
    game is pretty slick sick, and lights your face up with a warm glow of satisfaction.

@ '4k the game is a must see for 980ti owners.

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Clocked up 5 hours gameplay, consdiering I have had 0 gaming hours passed few months I'm impressed!

Really enjoyed the game, hope to get a demo of teh simgle player though

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

A Quake style game in VR would be interesting to say the least. Circle strafe jump dash rocket jump HEEEUUURGH!!!

4. Bede

Bede Minimodder

The game is pretty far below the bar set by Quake 3 and UT, from what I played of the beta this weekend.

Movement - combines clumsiness with low velocity. This kills it for me, the movement has to feel good for a game you spend 99pc running around. Feels like Halo on Xbox.
    Demon - beyond OP, disrupts flow of game and leaves little room for skill when it's around. Basically method is keep distance and try to get hold of a very powerful gun.
    Loadouts - unnecessary. It's different to the old way, without any obvious reason.
    "Hacks" - unnecessary, add nothing but

Arena shooters of the old sort were completely pure games. Frantic movement, no hand-holding. The Doom reboot just adds clutter into the mix in the most unnecessary manner - loadouts, visual customization, perks, hacks, OP demons - and doesn't have a good movement system. Other than its shininess, there's no reason to play this over Q3A.

5. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

Movement was far too slow for me, I played the originals (Quake 1,2,3/UT3) when they came out and this feels nothing like it.

It also ran really badly for me and, while I appreciate my PC is pretty old, it was almost unplayable (and it looked terrible whilst doing so).

This is first game that's really shown me I need to think about a new one, unless it's just this game.

Hated the loadouts as well.

6. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

doom,.

"feels like halo, doom, quake, but lacks its own personality and character."

cant pick up your opponents gun :-(

7. fix-the-spade

UNFORGIVABLE!

8. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Can't even get a match, beta has been extended but waited for ages and didn't get matched.

9. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Got a few hours in last night, thankful for the beta extension because Battleborn took all my playtime over the weekend!

Was a lot more fun than I'd imagined, having seen reviews/stuff on twitter. Won't be buying it at launch, but I really liked Warpath. The demon made me giggle like an idiot and squeal when it appeared around corners. I know TB doesn't think it's necessary, but I think it's fine. It's not around the whole match and it's totally possible to kill demons. Even I managed it... more than once!

It reminded me why I get bored in multiplayer games these days too. The matches go on forever. I got bored of Incursion in Battleborn because the matches were over half an hour. I have stuff to do! Got onto Doom and the matches were about 5 minutes. This I can handle! I did have a similar experience to TB as well: I didn't suck and couldn't work out why. Normally I have to learn a game to start getting kills, but the guns just did what I expected straight away. I wasn't good, but I was top of the team quite a few times... madness!

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Pre-ordered, because I refuse to learn from previous experiences - 22 quid from Simply Games.

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Keys received and pre-loading begun :)

12. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Going to wait on a few verdicts on the SP before investing. No interest in the MP for this at all

13. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ive used them quite a few times, they're sound.

good price actually, bought

15. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

me too than :D

16. fix-the-spade

The first gameplay I've seen where Doom looked like Doom, I'm excited again!

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

something to jam too whilst its decrypting.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

****ing hell this is a pretty game.

feels wonderfully old school as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

bloody ell!

20. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

thanks got!