1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Dremel 4000-1/45 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 24 Aug 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

Phwoar, loving these new tool reviews. Not that I've so much as used one.. but good to know which one I should be using.. dare I get the urge.

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

"This is partly thanks to its superb cooling – despite bristling with ventilation holes, your fingers never cover any of them." - Disagreed big time. I have two of the 4000's and always seem to grab them by the front vent especially when sanding something.

And the Speedclicks are essential, I couldn't be bothered to fiddle with the old style cutting discs anymore.

Either way the 4000 is my favorite of the rotary tools.

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I guess it depends how you hold it. I certainly found the way I do it I didn't obstruct any of them, but at least there's a way of doing so - with plenty of other rotary tools we've used there was no way of holding them without blocking ventilation holes.

5. stoff3r

stoff3r What's a Dremel?

The hard plastic case I got with my old battery operated dremel is mostly useless. It holds the dremel with accessories and a charger, but not extra batteries and not the flexible shaft, so I have another bag for those. It's also very fiddly to get the charger down in it. Dremels are great but don't ever buy battery operated ones unless you get extra batteries.

6. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

4000 4/65 less than £90 on Amazon. Out of stock at the moment, but if you order now it goes on back order at the reduced price.

7. RobJapan

RobJapan What's a Dremel?

Enough with the damn drill reviews, could you maybe try mice, keyboard, monitor reviews instead?

You know.... anything computer related would be good!

8. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

This is in the modding section, you know?

9. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

We are one of the world's biggest modding sites too you know :D

10. RobJapan

RobJapan What's a Dremel?

Sorry to sound angry, came across a little wrong.

What I mean is that I've seen several of these drill reviews recently, but the hardware reviews seem to be very rare.

Headsets, sound cards, mobo's, mics anything!

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I love the rechargable Dremel that I got a few years ago, the case can hold 2 batteries (one on the unit and one seperately).

I bought a 2nd one a few months later as they were on offer in B&Q, so it actually worked out cheaper than buying a spare battery (plus it meant I got a spare body, charger and a load of attachements too).

12. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

RobJapan, this is something that members of the established community have been asking for a lot, and while the other review areas still need some work; this is a very welcome addition to the site's reviews catalogue for a lot of us.
    I, for one, enjoying seeing tool reviews on bit-tech. It's a positive step towards the extra modding content that we've wanted for so long.

13. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

That's what I got and absolutley adore it.

14. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

Mine came in hard, plastiic case. Got mine in Menards. So uhm does that means its 95%+:)

15. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

"accessories bundle", "slaggering".

16. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

this is the one I own and I love it :)

17. Panos

Panos Minimodder

Since you are on mood :) reviewing such tools at the moment, could you try to find some slow ones to review too?
    Where the lowest rpm is less than 500rpm, and they don't cost 7-10 times the fast ones.

I need one to carve the wooden case I built for my PC :)

18. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

FYI, the 300 is going to be replaced with the Dremel 3000 in 2 months or so, at least in the USA.

Overall, I've found the 4000 to be the best Dremel ever. Yes it is a tad bit large and heavy, but hanging it off a hook and using the flex shaft is an easy fix that has other benefits.

19. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

mmmmmm rotary

Tags: Add Tags