1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Dremel Workstation 220 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 29 Feb 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

Glad to see you guys continue with reviews of stuff like this. Thanks and keep it up. :)

3. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

I could build a house with one of these, is there anything they can't do?

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Does this stand accommodate all Dremel rotary models? Mine is getting on a bit, but I wouldn't get a stand if it meant replacing my Dremel with a newer model.

Oh, and someone sack the proof reader [/pedantry] ;)

Carrie likes this.
  5. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

Yeah, same with me. however, my model has the 'collar' too, and it fits the extension piece, so I don't really expect trouble there

6. €gr€s

€gr€s What's a Dremel?

On the other hand, do NOT even think about buying this plastic piece of **** if you do really precise work. It may look bulky enough to hold the drill in position, but that is not true. If you grab the drill bit and push on it, it will move +-1mm. Carbide drill bits with diameter less than 0.8mm wont last a second, small movement and they will snap. It is useless for PCB drilling.

If you want quality, metal is the only choice. After few days I bought Proxxon MB 140/S and i can successfully drill 0.1mm holes with carbide drill bits. http://www.proxxon.com/eng/html/28606.php

7. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

How much did you pay for that though?

8. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I didn't have any problems to be honest and you can see from the images that it's more than capable of coping with modest tasks, which is all you can expect given the price - you could drill holes for 24-pin ATX conector cables no problem. It only costs £30 though so if you're expecting it to be as solid as a £100 drill press, well...

9. weesteev

weesteev What's a Dremel?

Great review Anthony! Do you know if the cordless Dremel would fit this stand?

10. €gr€s

€gr€s What's a Dremel?

Well, for Dremel Workstation 220 I paid 49€.
    Proxxon MB 140/S a week later was 47€.

You can't use Dremel tool in Proxxon stand though, so you can add 32€ for Proxxon drill.

Dremel stand is more than capable of coping with modest tasks, no argument there. If you already have dremel tool, it is good choice. But if someone is looking for a really good drill stand + tool combo, he should really go for Proxxon.

11. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

essentially its a fancy clamp?

12. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

I have one of these... fits my Dremel XPS 400 without too much trouble.. my only gripe is the bolt that secures the main metal pipe doesn't always stay tight when moving the workstation from place to place.. but, I certainly recommend it .. it's AWESOME for use a drill press .. saves lots of headache trying to drill straight holes into rounded pipe!

13. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Yep should do. The big plastic collar at the front of your Dremel should remove to reveal a large thread - it's that which screws into the clamp on the workstation.It's the same thread that's used for all their add-ons, such as the Flexible shaft.

Tags: Add Tags