1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Setup - Secondary screem too dark.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 123mccann, 12 Sep 2008.

1. 123mccann

123mccann What's a Dremel?

I set up my dual screen layout yesterday, which consists of a Samsung SyncMaster 2493HM and a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW. But, I have one problem the brightness on my 226BW has suddenly became so dark compared to before. And, it stands out too much, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to fix it?
    Thanks for any replies. :)

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

The screen has no auto adjust, or settings were you can adjust gamma, brightness, and whatnot?

3. 123mccann

Yes, but they don't match up with the other screen, they still don't reach the same brightness, contrast and what not.

4. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Tried any software based tuning? I had the same problem using a 32" JVC and a 16" Proview, NVIDIA Control Panel fixed it.

5. 123mccann

Its really odd, its like the colours have gone. On one of the other forums I go on, my avatar is like 8-bit.

6. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

You say it's suddenly become darker, like 50% darker?

It's just an idea, but one of the CCFL backlights could have gone in your monitor.

7. 123mccann

I might RMA it then, just when I get my dual setup running. :(

8. steelblade

steelblade What's a Dremel?

duel monitor rigs can be a nightmare sometimes - have 2 identicle samsung CRTs here but one has more of a red cast the other more of a blue. Ontop of that the contrast and brightness is different. I cant get them to match at all. Im gonna put a spyder on them at somepoint to see if i can get a match that way but ive just learned to live and work it, colour important stuff stays on a single monitor.

9. LordLuciendar

LordLuciendar meh.

If software calibration, especially with a spyder or some other color calibration system, works you should post it here. I have an 8 monitor setup and I've never been able to get the same color with some, and I do graphics work at times so color calibration is somewhat important. The only solution I've found is buy all the same monitors at the same time.

10. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

holy shiz, i have the same set-up. It's the magicbrite software/driver for the 226bw shitting itself, even did it to me when it was just one monitor. I fixed it with a fresh OS reinstall then drivers off a usb dl'ed from samsung's site 26", 22" and then catalyst.

11. steelblade

steelblade What's a Dremel?

Lord, Im a member of a cam club so have to wait for my turn with the spyder lol, will try and remember to post back when I eventually get my turn lol