1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks eee 1000 linux stock problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [PUNK] crompers, 19 Aug 2008.

1. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

I'm looking to buy one of these sometime soon but everytime i have money they seem to be out of stock! But I notice that the XP version seems to be constantly in stock. Do you think the SSD part is proving difficult to manufacture?

Also i notice that the MSI Wind is in very short supply, could it be that intel is having trouble producing enough atom's for all these netbooks?

2. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Im begining to have the same problem, I havn't got the money just yet but it won't be long, and idealy I need one before the start of this academic year.

I've looked about and as mentioned above the 1000H seems to be in stock, but not the 1000 :(

3. Shielder

Shielder Live long & prosper!

Or.... go for the Aspire One. I saw one in Currys last night (for £200!!!!!) and it looked very very nice. If I could part with £200 I'd buy one now, unfortunately, CBT beckons (YES!:clap::rock::D:clap:) so I can't justify it just now.

Andy

P.S. Oh, the £200 is for the Linux version. Looks nice. Me want!

4. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

aye the aspire one looks to be a nice machine, doesnt quite meet my requirements tho (usable keyboard, decent sized SSD and excellent battery life).

I'll keep a look out for the 1000 and post on here if i find any