1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 14 May 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. guvnar

guvnar What's a Dremel?

Blimey! Late to the party with this review?!

3. Spuzzell

Spuzzell What's a Dremel?

I thoroughly enjoyed it!

It took me 8 hours and 7 minutes of gleeful OTT shooting to complete it 100%, which for £12 is great value. Anyone about to start it though, play it on hard, really honestly do!

Rex starts off as an overpowered badass and only gets stronger as the game goes on.

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

A review with out a score ?

5. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

I enjoyed every part of this game, right down to the 80's Terminator feel (I love how he reloads his shotgun). Yeah the game was short, but for the price, I felt like I got a lot out of it.

6. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

a review without mentioning anything about the gameplay other than its based on farcry 3 mechanics. I usually love the reviews but it feels like i missed a page on what this games like.

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

80% (need the not sure if serious meme -> 80% = 80's reference? :worried:)

8. Rich Hall

Rich Hall What's a Dremel?

9. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

^ Yeah Mat you'll probably want to change that soundtrack part.

10. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I don't want to be negative, but Bit's game reviews recently have been pretty poor. This review in particular reads like it was cobbled together in about five minutes and tells me almost nothing about the game in question save that it doesn't quite work. For a game that's "nothing if not unique and worth seeing", I'd expect the reviewer to actually point out some unique features or mention exactly what's worth seeing :) As adam_bagpuss noted above, there's almost nothing at all about the gameplay, and other than pointing out that the game has an OTT 80's vibe (which is pretty obvious from the screenshots and trailers published elsewhere), there's not much content to see here.

I'm not trying to hate on Mat's work, but this is not Bit's finest work :(

11. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Are those screen captures meant to be viewed in 3D or does the game really look that garish?

12. Spuzzell

Spuzzell What's a Dremel?

There's something a bit weird and fuzzy about these specific captures. On my PC the visuals are very clean and easy on the eye, but the game has dragons that shoot lasers out of their eyes, and metal sharks, and cyborg enemies with neon blue mechanical hearts, and.. basically, have you ever played lasertag in a dry ice filled complex with beams flashing everywhere and neon tubes turning everything into some apocalyptic awesome shooty rave?

Its like that. Turned up to 11. Million.

13. blacko

blacko What's a Dremel?

no mention of the killstar...possibly the best weapon since the BFG9000 from Doom2?

14. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

As suggested in the review, the gameplay is pretty much the same as FC3's, so it doesn't necessarily need to be repeated.

15. toolio20

toolio20 What's a Dremel?

Review is dross - complaints about the "self-awareness" of the game, then this little gem:

"...hav[ing] your character wonder what’s fun about collecting a variety of stupid items when you’re probably wondering the same thing."

A game that can pull such a feat off while still being fun to play is, in my mind, unquestionably a success. And that is the most glaring slight the reviewer gave this game - not mentioning how much damn FUN Blood Dragon is. If you quit trying to be so hipster and take the story ever so slightly at face value it's actually a pretty frickin' sweet 80's action movie. Sorry the reviewer didn't "get" this game - he probably thinks Far Cry 3 was better, and that, sadly, would say a LOT.

Where the hell is Card Joe?

Tags: Add Tags