1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Far Cry 3 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 11 Dec 2011.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

They should just release mod tools for FC2. It would make it simply fantastic.

The trailer looks fantastic, but the main issue here is the absolutely stupid pop-ups. It's like a COD game instead.

And the Iron sights still look funky.

Last edited: 13 Dec 2011
  2. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I thought FC2 broke immersion at every opportunity it could, and it took every shortcut it could to avoid thinking up a mature and multi-dimensional game. The jeeps, the jams, weapons that teleport across a series of jungle/savannah huts, and re-spawning enemies after a mere 30s gap.

Awful, awful game that wasn't worthy of the FC name.

I'll watch the progress of FC3 but will need some convincing to actually buy the game.

3. mediapcAddict

mediapcAddict What's a Dremel?

if it's as good as far cry 1 I'll be happy.

FC1 scenery was not only graphically good for it's time it had well designed scenery and was generally pleasant too look at. If it wasn't for the trigenic mutants it's the sort of place you would like to visit.

I hope FC3 has the same quality.

ps I love the "definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and then expecting different results" THEN having to press the a key over and over to get free.

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

make the game more like postal 2 with burn the rope difficulty, and make sure to keep the magic wrench and nut on the vehicles.. it would sell like hot cakes

oh yeah make every weapon seeking too.. the rpg wasn't enough

5. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

I like the sound of it.

When abouts in 2012 is it due out?

Last edited: 14 Dec 2011
  6. tupera

tupera What's a Dremel?

It didn't look like it in the demo video, but I can't help but wondfer if this will be another example where a shirtless goon will be able to absorb three clips of ammo before finally dying like in Far Cry 2!?!

Oh, and let's not forget fighting through a check point, only to go back 10 seconds later and find it full of enemies again!

FC2 was so bad, I couldn't even bring myself to finish it even though I shelled out $50 for it!

7. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Loved far cry 2. Not much of a story but its was just epic in my opinion..

Tags: Add Tags