1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Forza 2 demo on Live

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BioSniper, 10 May 2007.

1. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

My lovely new lambo

[​IMG]

2. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

K, it's not as realistic as all that. Still powerslide friendly even with the driving aids off. Stick some of them back on and it's no different from GT or something similar.

I've redone the rat mobile in primer grey and with lots of nice rust and some red Teledial-alike wheels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

That's some attention to detail. How did you do the rust?

4. K

K 528491

I liked them other wheels better. Still looks mint though.

Just read the 9/10 review in EDGE. Sounds like the difficulty curve is pretty approachable even for a novice like me. And the driving aids sound handy like, cause I suck. I'm dead tempted.

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I've realised why I actually don't like Racing games online, they are very very unforgiving. Make a small mistake and you get punished big time.

6. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. DirT it is then.

7. Jamie

:( Friends slow down for friends :clap:

8. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

That's just annoying though, makes it seem like charity and it annoys me. I'm going to take it back, get a credit note and wait for Bioshock

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Mook that car is looking fantastic :clap:

10. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Bonnet rust is just a variation of the splatter and rip vinyl layers, in different shades of brown, with different transparencys. Loads of layers over a silvery grey bonnet colour.

Gonna Hoodride a new Beetle next me thinks.

As for the difficulty, it will take a little time to get to grips with but nowhere near the sort of horrific learning curve you get in something like GT-R on the PC. This is a very accessible game, that just so happens to have good physics and more mature feeling handling. If you find the handling in PGR3 or NFS to be as realistic as you're happy with, then don't bother. But I'd say anyone who's played Gran Tourismo before will be more than comfortable with it. Just whack all the aids on, and gradually turn them off as you get better. You can always ramp up the AI to compensate for the help you're getting. I found after a couple of races I was racing without anything except ABS, and with the AI on hard and I'm no driving guru.

Last edited: 18 Jun 2007
  11. Jamie

My exige cup 240, awesome car.

[​IMG]

12. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

I downloaded the demo of this and suck at it, is it possible for me to become good at it at all? any tips?

13. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Turn all the driving aids on, then as you get better gradually take them off again. I would leave ABS on though. Also, don't think you can drive this like NFS or something. Brake in straight-ish lines and don't floor the accelerator half way through a corner.

14. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I've not really bothered with the modern vehicles in the game. I tend to give them a basic handling improvement, use them to win their respective tournament, and then flog them for credits afterwards (Skyline I'm looking at you...). I prefer turning older cars into sleepers. My current favourite car is this Lancia Delta, I've maxxed it out in every department to give (without tweaking) a pretty nice 415BHP, 0-60mph in 2.686seconds and top speed of 176mph. Drives like a dream too now it's slammed to the deck. Added a non-standard bodykit at the expense of speed, but improves handling.

[​IMG]

15. Jamie

My exige is now has over 400bhp and I love it to bits. You can quite happily drive around a corner then boot it to get some oversteer then just add some opposite lock and bob's your uncle we have a powerslide. 100 mph+ sliding is such great fun.

16. J273

J273 What's a Dremel?

like that :thumb:

17. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Thats an awesome looking paint job there Jamie. I'll try and post some of my brothers stuff in a minute, he's been playing about on the paint editor more than me and hes got some excellent looking cars. I'm just trying to get to level 50 as quick as possible.

18. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I am using the wheel and i find it easy. I have so much control, over the car whith the wheel. I find the wheel so much easier on this than using it on PGR3.

Only assist I have on though is ABS as I cant handle bracking at the mo with out it. Every time I lightly squeeze the brake the wheels lock up and off the corner I go. Every so often I try with out ABS but end up putting it back on.

Im going to have to paint my Mini, that my main car along with the Ford Focus.

Currently working through the Time Attack tracks and about half way. Should soon have that done.

Tags: