1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Harrison departure won't affect Home

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 Feb 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

his departure more likely came as home is extremely late or home is just crap!

i have a PS3 and i have no interest in this social networking second life type crap

3. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

I don't know anyone that is interested in Home, for all the people hat are waiting for a PS3 are only hoping for a slightly more reasonable price and some actual good games to turn up.

4. rjkoneill

rjkoneill What's a Dremel?

home isnt #1 priority for a lot of people - its the great games we are all after

having said that - if it is as functional as promised then it could be a decent addition seeing as its free
    at least sony are doing something semi original with their console

5. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Home will be a neat addition to the PS3 once Trophies, In-game XMB, ability to start a game w/ group of friends (whether they're virtual or real life) within Home, ability to play arcade games and go bowling (whoopie!), see the newest movie/game trailers, and the ability to kit up a virtual apartment to your liking becomes available to users.....

Until then, it's just another "Oh it's coming soon (like every other thing to do w/ PS3" title that really needs to come ASAP.....

6. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

To me whether there is "home" or not wouldnt matter, but because we are getting it I probably will do something with it like most PS3 users. People may not buy the system for it or go all crazy but I think it will be something that the majority of people will use in someway. Look at how many people use Myspace or Facebook. This is very simmilar and will be quite popular I think, but I dont care when it comes out.

7. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Honestly I think Home is a neat little concept but I don't think it will do much to move more units or get more people interested in the PS3. Who honestly wants to pay 400$ to play a second life clone? Better games and finding a way to drop the price even further would probably do a lot more for the system. Social networking sites like Myspace and Facebook achieved a sort of exponential popularity because the more people that joined the network the more people were interested in joining because their friends were doing it. The ease of joining these networks does so much for their popularity (look at Facebook for example, it was around for years but it wasn't until they opened it up to pretty much anyone with an e-mail address did it start to get anywhere near myspace's level of interest) having to purchase a PS3 to join in on the Home network will limit the ability of the community to grow. Perhaps if they developed an internet side of Home that people could access from any device with internet connectivity (like a PSP? yay for intra-brand compatibility!) it would lead to a greater number of people becoming interested in the Home network. Maybe it wouldn't outright sell a console but it could help someone who is straddling the fence pick the PS3 over the 360 (or even that weak little gaming system that other Japanese company makes... only joking).

Tags: Add Tags