1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News HMV opens in-store gaming zone

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. voidboid

voidboid Just some bloke

Reminds me of when I was a kid, there was a game shop with a load of consoles up-stairs that you could play on... was cool for playing latest games on SNES, as all my friends had Megadrives and I was an Amiga geek...

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Well HMV might have a better time if their in-store prices weren't stupidly high.

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Even the manager said that to me, their prices are higher then online and they can't price match themselves.

5. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

they occasionaly have the cheapest prices in their sales, but its a 1 in 500 chance.

6. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I haven't been to a high-street shop for AGES now. Not too sure if I ever will since most things can be had for cheaper online. And hey that pic of HMV is the one I used to go to in Hong Kong Central... thought it looked familar heh.

7. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Those were the days. I spent ever Saturday in my local game shop (Chips, Top, Soft and Dream) playing the latest’s game. It used to be great playing the latest games all day on a Saturday, Top Soft had a mega Drive, Snes and 4 Pc's in the shop for you to play and try the games before you buy. Only thing was that I didn’t buy because I was 14 with no money :)

Shops don’t do it any more which is a shame. I even used to play games in Debenhams (Game boy), Boots (Mega CD) and Woolworths (Game Gear). but these shops don’t bother anymore.

I now have to check XBOX live for demos before I buy a game unless im really sure its going to be great. I wish I could go into a shop and try a game like I used to. GAME have a WII, 360 on demo but don’t connect the controllers. That really P**** me off, like why have them on demo, you might as well just get a TV and DVD play and run videos.

8. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

What would be good is if they deducted the £5 you spent to demo the games if you actually bought one from them.

9. evanbraakensiek

evanbraakensiek What's a Dremel?

Shame it's only limited to consoles, although I can see why. The good thing about HMV over traditional LAN centres is location. I mean for example, the main one in Newcastle is on Northumberland street. Like two minutes from the bus station, right next to loads of other shops, Mc'Donalds is right next door as well. Good idea, hope it works out for them.

I just bought ET:QW collectors edition from them last week for £35. Does it bother me that I could've gotten it cheaper online? Nope, because I know if there was literally anything wrong with it, or I had to return it for any reason, I wouldn't get any hassle what so ever. Game or virgin is just as expensive, so it's six and two three's really.

Tags: Add Tags