1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News HP researchers create browser-based darknet

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Jul 2009.

1. Zippy

Zippy What's a Dremel?

I think people will definately use this tech in ways that it was not originally intended (newsgroups, p2p), such as hiding behind their computers to look at people fornicating (preferably with consenting adults), which is something we are very good at and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Though I do not quite understand your second question, how do you breed discontent by increasing information freedom? I can only see discontent in the bureacracy. I believe transparency will stop people in authority hiding behind form xyz and zxy and procedures, then are held more accountable for the decisions they make for the people they are serving. I imagine that if more people could see the intellegence documents about the weapons of mass distruction will probably have found holes and questioned this. Perhaps that war could of been avoided. Maybe you can give an example? So far I have only seen examples of discontent because of the lack of freedom of information.

To your comments about governments not "allowing" too much freedom, in most European countries you are allowed to have a voice, by voice I mean you are free to vote, free to petition your politicians and make a lot of noise with demonstrations. It is only when you do nothing, you let other people decide for you. Remember, governments are formed by the people (you and me) in the physical boundaries and in most countries you do have a say.

I think the only way forward is when we know something is not quite right and find ways to correct it, it is difficult to move on when we stay ignorant of facts.

2. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

No, it was always going to happen.

3. carlos4554

carlos4554 What's a Dremel?

This is great progress... you folks need to read 2 books by Daniel Suarez , 1.) "Daemon" and 2.) "Freedom" to have a vision of a posible better future. This world is out of control. Governments and Corporations view people only as assests and not human. The Darknet as it evolves will help in giving people back their freedom and control. As it stands today... we are all voluntary slaves. Open your minds - Read and learn. There is still hope for our humanity.

Tags: Add Tags