1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Intel China's Modding Expo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 May 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

Last edited by a moderator: 22 May 2007
  2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Wow. You guys looked like you had some good fun. :D

3. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Please take me with you next time? I want to go to China so bad.

Puzzlebox 2.0 looks far better in these shots than I remember from the original article, but alot of that appears to be down to the lighting.
    This is also fantastic exposure for Bit-tech and I really do congratulate you guys for all the hard work put into the mods and into getting everyone sorted out for the event, you never fail to amaze (at least with me, but some say I'm easily pleased :p).

:thumb:

4. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

What can i say the experience is something that i will never forget as long as i live. It was amazing in every way and best of all i have made many good friends for life. Even though Brett wrote a very good article its really impossible to describe the adventure we had in words, you really had to have been there.

5. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

I'm glad you have the same impression of China as me. After the first time I went there people kept asking what it was like "go for yourself" became the standard answer.

I'm bloody hungry now after seeing the dumplings. :D

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Modding in china???? Did I miss something. I spent ages a couple of years ago with my father inlaw going around all the tech hang outs and tech only shopping centers etc looking for cheap new kit to bring back home. I was looking for AMD 3700 at the time and the latest they had was amd 3200. I thought UK is behind in technology but china is miles behind in PC hardware. I ended up getting it back here for £250.

Components are so old in china I didnt think their were any modders.

Your lucky to get that photo in customs, mind you I tried to take a photo at customs in Heathrow, London and they made me delete them and watched as I did it.

7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Ehm... It's China! If there are 1,3 billion people then I'm pretty sure there's also a couple of modders included. Also I'd like to claim that it's slightly dependant on the exact city/location if it's lagging behind in technology.

8. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I want to know how the eggs were done!

And Nick looked like he was looking at her lady parts...

9. gvblake22

gvblake22 mmm, yep

Wow, awesome coverage there, thanks!!! :clap:
    I've been to China (Shanghai and Beijing among other places) and have visited all the places you guys did so I enjoyed your pictures. And the comment about the Chinese breakfasts made me smile, as that is one thing I distinctly remember about being there. Those big "dough balls" as you called them are actually pretty good, but I liked the ones filled with spinach. A very hefty meal indeed!

Anyway, enough random rambling, great coverage of the event. It's great to see the industry taking such a liking to the modding community and putting on shows like this! :rock: :dremel:

10. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

loved the text. Loved the pics. peace ;)

11. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Niiice.

12. PUTALE

PUTALE What's a Dremel?

just so you konw,

Orz, is not Chinese for worship. It's what Taiwanese use for online chats (it's called Martian Language in Taiwan). It's a combination of chinese sound and images. This word, Orz, is taking the shape of a person kneeling down as he is worshiping, so it's not related to the Chinese character or sound at all.:)

13. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I appreciate the feedback Putale, I'll have to check into that - as it stands, two of our interpreters said the same thing, which is what is included in the article. Being as I don't speak Chinese (or any variation of), I'm using their description. So if it turns out wrong, don't shoot the messenger! :D

EDIT: Everyone who cares can look here to see it's a combination of both of our points. Though it is mostly used in online communities, it is indeed the word to describe the body position of worship and is used to convey "a great respect or admiration of."

So thanks for the addition/correction!!

Last edited: 22 May 2007
  14. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

Very nice article. I just keep thinking, my time will come :)

15. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

wow pretty sweet trip! unlucky with the case though i bet the gys were gutted

any one know if they got back home in one peice?!!?!?

16. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

I can't really describe just how amazing this trip was. Simply meeting Gert, Magnus, Beckham, Geoff and Brett was great enough but the fact that we were in China presenting our mods with Intel just made is all the more special. The Chinese treated us well too. I'd like to add an extra thanks to my interpreter, Li, too who by the end of the event, could've probably answered the questions herself.

They haven't come home yet. We'll know by June something though. I don't have too much hope for mine :sigh:

Last edited: 22 May 2007
  17. Bas van der Werff

Bas van der Werff What's a Dremel?

Yes we handle your bagage very carefull

Oeps did we break 2 out of 3 cases, what a stupid ...... at the airport.

18. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

What an amazing payoff for all the hard work going into your mods! That looks like an amazing trip and a good time. Nice job, it was a good article as well.

19. GoTaLL

GoTaLL What's a Dremel?

I dont really know what to say about this trip, just by meeting Billy the kid, Gert, Magnus, Geoff and Brett was a blast, and i really miss our Bartender "Travis" and the words "Wanna bet a beer" or the stuff at the dinnertable "who´s turn is it to try first this time", regarding the event we all probably had our visions before we went but what actually happend i dont think anyone could imagine, it was top notch all of it..

What can you say, I just miss the company of the new friends and hope we will get together again.

/ps that I can bet a beer on ;) .

20. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Makes me want to make something as incredible so I get to go to your next trip!

Tags: Add Tags